Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Hello everyone, I'm having some phone issues. I went to sleep last night and woke up to my phone with the notification light blinking (yes, I've done some modifications through preware, but it has been functional for months). I went to check it and it wouldn't turn on. I pressed power...I held power...I did the switching of the vibration button and no luck. I tried to call my own phone to see if it rings and nothing. I then resorted to taking out the battery and all that changed was that the LED light went off. I immediately thought it could be dead, so I have been charging it for over an hour and it still won't turn on last I checked. Any advice on what to do? What are my options here? Does anyone know the manufacturer's warranty details?

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: In case it makes a difference, I want to add that the phone is in great physical condition...never dropped on the floor or into water. Nothing out of the ordinary was done to it today.
    Quote Originally Posted by organix View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm having some phone issues. I went to sleep last night and woke up to my phone with the notification light blinking (yes, I've done some modifications through preware, but it has been functional for months). I went to check it and it wouldn't turn on. I pressed power...I held power...I did the switching of the vibration button and no luck. I tried to call my own phone to see if it rings and nothing. I then resorted to taking out the battery and all that changed was that the LED light went off. I immediately thought it could be dead, so I have been charging it for over an hour and it still won't turn on last I checked. Any advice on what to do? What are my options here? Does anyone know the manufacturer's warranty details?

Thanks for looking.

EDIT: In case it makes a difference, I want to add that the phone is in great physical condition...never dropped on the floor or into water. Nothing out of the ordinary was done to it today.
    Two things: Keep trying a battery pull and re-start. Sometime it takes several times to get it restarted.

Secondly, if you do get it restarted, remove the CPU Stepping version of the PowerSave patch if you have that running. The SmartReflex is the only version I found to be problem-free.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Thanks for the reply! I got it back on by taking out and replacing the battery a couple times. I was seriously ready to assume it was dead and get a new one. I didn't have a powersave patch installed at all. Are there any others causing problems?
    Thanks for the reply! I got it back on by taking out and replacing the battery a couple times. I was seriously ready to assume it was dead and get a new one. I didn't have a powersave patch installed at all. Are there any others causing problems?
    I'm not sure but all I know is if I do a battery pull or complete restart from dead, it often takes several battery pulls to get the 'glowing' Palm logo to start. I've left it on for up to 1/2-hour and it wouldn't glow and then other times it would start after about 5 minutes. Sometimes I would get the glowing logo within seconds.

It took me 5 battery pulls earlier this week too. Frustrating, and I don't know if using the "Battery Swap" restart option makes any difference yet.
    I was having problems with the power button myself. The microswitch was clicking but it wouldn't react. While the button now magically starts I found out another way to turn on the phone is to attach the USB cable.
    a lot of people including myself have had the "power button issue" .....
    1.take the battery cover off
    2.use a tiny flathead screwdriver you should be able to pop the power button off (just be gentle) and watch where it flys i almost lost mine.
    3. you can use that same screwdriver and push the button thats under the power button.
    4. put everything back together and take it to a Sprint Service store asap. they should fix it for free under the 1 year manufactors warrenty.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    a lot of people including myself have had the "power button issue" .....
    1.take the battery cover off
    2.use a tiny flathead screwdriver you should be able to pop the power button off (just be gentle) and watch where it flys i almost lost mine.
    3. you can use that same screwdriver and push the button thats under the power button.
    4. put everything back together and take it to a Sprint Service store asap. they should fix it for free under the 1 year manufactors warrenty.
    Sprint will cover it at no charge for sure? I'm really considering going this route at this point. My phone just turns off every 2-3 hours now. It takes about 15 minutes total to get the phone back on.
    Sprint will cover it at no charge for sure? I'm really considering going this route at this point. My phone just turns off every 2-3 hours now. It takes about 15 minutes total to get the phone back on.
    sounds like you have another problem other then just the power button.... take it into sprint and see what they can do.... if you have TEP (total Equipment Protection) which means you pay 7 bucks a month for insurance on your phone they will look at it for no charge..... if it can be fixed in the store without ordering new parts, they'll tell you to come back in bout 45 min and they will have it fixed. they might give you a Refurbed pre or even a Brand new one. but they will get you a working pre.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    A friend of mine had this same problem! His phone turned itself off and he couldn't get it back on. He charged it for several hours, pulled the battery out put it back in, and still nothing. He took it back to Sprint and was told that the battery had shorted out. His phone was less than a month old. Needless to say, they replaced the battery for free.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I do not have TEP for it. I'm sort of regretting that at the moment. I guess I can take it in and see what happens. I have a launch pre and I'm beginning to think my problems come from the loose battery issues that people were having before. I put in some paper to see if the phone continues to turn off randomly. If not, I guess I know what is wrong.
    I do not have TEP for it. I'm sort of regretting that at the moment. I guess I can take it in and see what happens. I have a launch pre and I'm beginning to think my problems come from the loose battery issues that people were having before. I put in some paper to see if the phone continues to turn off randomly. If not, I guess I know what is wrong.
    TEP? pfff.. your phone is under warranty..
    I have had Palm products for 10 years and never had TEP, nor ever paid for a repair, or even "the advance exchange fee"
    Call Palm they will replace it, be firm but polite. If you get a "English Challenged" Rep all the better, they are easier to handle, ask to speak to a supervisor if it seems to be going no where.
    But honestly, Palm is great to deal with.
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    I had the same problem.
    I was scared as mess, haha.

Multiple battery pulls did the trick.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I was also told by a sprint rep that a lot of the batteries have a short in them so they will replace it for free. Don't be surprised if it happens again in a day or 2.
    So if I get a new battery will this stop? At times I can't charge the phone at all, with an A/C, wall, or touch stone charger. Today, I had problems turning it on, at the button. Is this a common problem with Pre? Even with many of the Pre replacements too? Thanks!
    I am FREAKING OUT my palm pixi powered down while using it. It was working fine had plenty of battery and the screen just turned black. I have tried every trick under the sun and nothing will even remotely work. It does not even show that its plugged in when i hook it up to a charger of usb. I was under the false assumption the my pictures back up automatically and now have discovered they didn't. I have used this as my primary camera since having my baby and had over 1300 pictures that I HAVE to get outta this phone!!! In the meantime sprint sent me a replacement phone and it did the EXACT same thing after a month of use. No power no charge nothing just like it comes from the factory black! I'm now on my third one and HAVE to find a way to get my pictures out of these DEAD phones!!!! ANYBODY have any clue what the heck could be happening to my phones!!??? They have no water damage or any damage for that matter. A side note both phones died while I was charging them in my car on the same charger, but it was a palm cable and a different one with both phones??
    I just got the Palm Pre, and I did "delete data", I thought it was a "factory settings", and my phone is turned on and its done it, I chose the language and we constantly seek Palm profile. I did not have the profile and I made it, but still impossible to use the phone. offers me only two options,
    emergency calls
    , And telephone hand set, which means that enroll apn, username and password my network
    I do everything right and I type settings but will not connect to the web, I even changed the sim card, other networks, but still nothing. a both of sim cards are active and the other phones I have no problem with access to the web. what to do, the phone is unusable.
    When I go to an emergency call and enroll any number I can call and talk to me but when someone calls or sends sms the phone does not respond.
    If it is important to know the sim card that I have tried mtstelekom and Telenor Serbia.
    please some help.