Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I'd wager that the iPhone/iPod combination is by far the largest market for the kinds of games we're talking about in this thread. You don't see Symbian and RIM devices running these sorts of games because... well... they can't. So the graph is quite relevant, and indeed webOS would probably garner an even smaller share (negligible, in fact) if one were to look at number of units sold.
    that graph only lists the share of operating systems which visited a site on which admob had a presence.

developers would rather dissect an analysis of phones sold and currently active.

and even if the percentage share of webOS devices based on per-sold analysis would be smaller, its absolute presence would be greater.

hence that graph is irrelevant and very limited in use.
    (it would have its uses in other contexts with the data extrapolated and collated with other similar graphs by other surveyor platforms but that's off-topic and also irrelevant.)

so no, that graph serves no purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordsComing View Post
    Just as a side note, when this came out on the iphone it was $7.99, so we are getting it cheaper than they did at the start... yes they are getting a promo price, but can't complain too much.
    Its hilarious because when Palm starts with a couple hundred apps they say look at the Iphones Past..."Well Iphone had none their first year!"

Then when they are charged 6.99 for a game, they say look at the Iphones present..."They only charge .99"

People only see what they wanna see
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    Its hilarious because when Palm starts with a couple hundred apps they say look at the Iphones Past..."Well Iphone had none their first year!"

Then when they are charged 6.99 for a game, they say look at the Iphones present..."They only charge .99"

People only see what they wanna see
    The iPhone had no apps? Wow, what was on the phone then?

Of course it had apps, the native apps are apps too. The jailbreaking community also had apps you could install. People here really bash the iPhone, it's sold billions of apps. For only having one phone for the iPhone OS, its sold very well. The Pre hasn't. No one is bashing the Pre for not having done anything yet. Apple's iPhone has been pushing millions upon millions of phones. The Pre has not. Let's focus on where we can improve with the Pre, instead of bashing the iPhone when it has done so well regardless of what you might have against it.

Total iPhones sold: 33,745,000+
    Total Pre's/Pixi's sold: >2,000,000 (Detailed numbers are not provided)

"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't"

I love my Palm Pre, and the WebOS...but we have to face the facts, and stop the bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post

Of course it had apps, the native apps are apps too. The jailbreaking community also had apps you could install. People here really bash the iPhone, it's sold billions of apps. For only having one phone for the iPhone OS, its sold very well. The Pre hasn't. No one is bashing the Pre for not having done anything yet. Apple's iPhone has been pushing millions upon millions of phones. The Pre has not. Let's focus on where we can improve with the Pre, instead of bashing the iPhone when it has done so well regardless of what you might have against it.

I love my Palm Pre, and the WebOS...but we have to face the facts, and stop the bashing.
    I was insinuating the app store, not native apps(of course the phone had native apps, duh!) Iphone debuted on July 9th, 2007. App Store opened via Itunes on July 10, 2008. One year and 1 day later, unless that was a leap year.

My point is that kids ppl are making comparisons with the iphone based on the timeline that fits their argument, it has nothing to do with whether the Iphone is better. I own an Iphone, it still happens to be a favorite of mine.

I cant speak for everyone else, but i dont bash the Iphone. In fact, i personally like it. I just happen to like WebOS better. The iphone is a great product, but ive never considered it a "smart phone" (my opinion). The iphone, love or hate it, will help the Phone market. It set a standard, and now every other phone maker will try to deliver a better product. In the end, its the consumer who wins.

Back on topic, just purchased and downloaded the NFL game. Its actually pretty good IMO, controls have a bit of a learning curve, but its a decent game.
    ummmm i clicked on the thread cuz it said nfl 2010, is it ok if i post my thoughts about the game or should i post something about the iphone lol

i jus purchased the game a few hours ago and i think its great, i think it will appeal to moderate football fans and big football fans alike. Graphics 5/5 gameplay 4/5 control 3.5/5

i like that there is a season mode also i will def be playing this at work on my downtime
    THE CHAMP IS HERE!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jwilson02 View Post
    One year and 1 day later, unless that was a leap year.
    Even if it was a leap year, it was still one year and 1 day later.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Here's some info on the game. Note that the Gameloft page has not been updated to show this for the Pre yet.

*Screenshots from iPhone version

Link to iPhone NFL 2010 page. NFL 2010 Football Game for iPhone & iPod Touch
    holy **** those graphics look good. how does one compare graphics to game consoles? can one say xbox graphics (not 360)

thank you mytether
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathanlc2005 View Post
    holy **** those graphics look good. how does one compare graphics to game consoles? can one say xbox graphics (not 360)
    I'd say somewhere between PS and PS2
    Last edited by rashad1; 01/23/2010 at 11:55 PM.
    Great graphics, no doubt. I'm having problems with it, however -anyone else? I've started 4 or 5 games and can play defense fine. After selecting my first play on offense, however, the screen goes black and then the app shuts down. So, I deleted the app (orange + tap on icon) and went back to the App Store to download/install it again. When I select NFL 2010 from the list it opens the screen and the button at the bottom reads "Download for free" as I would expect (since I bought it the first time around). But when I click on it, it switches to 'Downloading..." but nothing happens. It will sit in that state until I close the app store.

Anyone else try to uninstall and reinstall? Anyone else experiencing crashes when starting to run an offensive play?
    So I guess my pre is the only one that is having issues downloading apps from the app catalog. I also tried to download the periodic table app and that would not download as well but I downloaded a game called what does it say and that worked fine..... anyone with any ideas please?
    I'd try resetting my Pre after downloading any 3D game.
    I bought the game this morning, downloaded/installed it, and then it refused to run. First it told me I had too many cards open (as some people have noted it saying) so I restarted the phone. Once the phone booted back up I tried to start NFL 2010 and.....nothing. The app lights up and then nothing happens. I'm a little irritated at after paying $7 for a game my phone isn't running.

I'm not losing hope yet and turning into a forum troll.

I uninstalled the game and am trying to re-download/install it to see if that helps. Has anyone else run into a similar problem or perhaps can think of something that would be preventing my phone from running this app? I have mytether on my phone but I made sure it was not patched for wifi since I read someone saying that the patch disables your camera and 3D games. Hopefully this new install will work....
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    It could be due to one of your other patches interfering possibly? These games were made for stock phones, you could use WebOSdoctor on your phone and retry it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aarkuma View Post
    I bought the game this morning, downloaded/installed it, and then it refused to run. First it told me I had too many cards open (as some people have noted it saying) so I restarted the phone. Once the phone booted back up I tried to start NFL 2010 and.....nothing. The app lights up and then nothing happens. I'm a little irritated at after paying $7 for a game my phone isn't running.

I'm not losing hope yet and turning into a forum troll.

I uninstalled the game and am trying to re-download/install it to see if that helps. Has anyone else run into a similar problem or perhaps can think of something that would be preventing my phone from running this app? I have mytether on my phone but I made sure it was not patched for wifi since I read someone saying that the patch disables your camera and 3D games. Hopefully this new install will work....
    Mytether and games do not mix. Get that garbage off of your phone.
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Mytether is causing the problem. After checking it again, the unpatching doesn't seem to be working and I'm done with that app anyway. How do I remove it? People have been posting linux command line mumbo jumbo but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to get into the linux command line to even start (yes, I'm a noob). I'd like to safely get myTether off my phone so I can play NFL 2010.
    I tried that linux command line mumbo jumbo (actually quite easy using WebOS Quick Install) but no improvement. The download still hangs after I hit the 'download' button in the App Catalog. I've downloaded other things from the App Catalog without problem. Trying to redownload the NFL2010 app won't work. Rather than doctoring (would be the first time), I'm going to wait and see if the 1.4 update (after removing all my patches first of course) solves the problem.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Are you serious? By what objective measure did you arrive at this number?
    What people feel is a fair price isn't an objective measure, it's a personal opinion.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I find that particular tidbit to be incredibly amusing. Numbers have no meaning without people giving meaning tot hem and people lie all the time. Lying with numbers is the easiest thing int he world, just look at the annual report of any company and you'll see numbers lying all over the place.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123