Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    wynand you need to relax jesus. Seriously this dude was just giving his review of the game. Did you download the game or did you just try to start something grow up. If you buy the game then you can give your own review. btw the game is fun to play.
    How did Gameloft get the NFL license??
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    First, I'm excited to see more games coming from developers who've had access to the PDK. I think we'll see a steady stream of ported games, which is a great thing.

Second, my golly, how utterly ridiculous to complain that they have a promotion for the iPhone and using phrases like "so they can rip us off" by selling us a very elaborate game for $6.99. Such an attitude demonstrates a complete ignorance of business and such an immature entitlement mentality. It's just bothersome.
    You know my comment might have come across the wrong way, it was meant more in a sarcastic way. But it is kind of obvious that they can charge us full price due to the lack of games. Kinda like that hot new car that comes out in limited production that everyone drools over where the dealer can charge rediculous mark ups and still buy it!

I bought a lot of apps, I support all the devs, and I don't have a problem paying 7 or 10 bucks for a game. So yeah, I should have put my comment in quotation marks.

It's just a big pill to swallow seeing that the same identical game is available on the other platform at a significant discount.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    It's just a big pill to swallow seeing that the same identical game is available on the other platform at a significant discount.
    I was wondering if perhaps you were being a tad sarcastic, but I still wanted to make the general point. Really, though, it makes perfect sense that we wouldn't be getting the game for less money, and I'm surprised that all of these games aren't significantly more across the board than on the iPhone/iPod platform.

We're a teeny tiny market comparatively, and if developers are to justify developing (or even porting) games for us then they need to generate more revenues per unit. It's that simple. If they don't, then we simply won't get many of these kinds of games.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    it's a 246MB download, so it takes a little while, I recommend doing it on wireless.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stir fry a lot View Post
    How did Gameloft get the NFL license??
    I'd like to know too.. EA owns licensing rights to use NFL stuff for games. Unless Gameloft either paid EA big bucks to use it or they're a subsidiary or were invested in by EA. Then again why wouldn't EA just make the game themselves.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    DON'T BUY THIS GAME!!!!!

Gameloft is giving it to iPhone users for $0.99 this weekend as a sale/promotion. We should get a sale price too.

Send email to Gameloft: Find Mobile Games, Java Games - Find the Best iPhone Games Available | Gameloft

Gameloft Contact info: Find Mobile Games, Java Games - Find the Best iPhone Games Available | Gameloft
    There is a way bigger market for the App Store and more competition.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    There is a way bigger market for the App Store and more competition.
    It's true. It's a simple concept to understand. Just wait until we have more games. You'll see sale galore on the Pre.
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    Here is a video review of the iphone version on youtube.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tcub View Post
    It's true. It's a simple concept to understand. Just wait until we have more games. You'll see sale galore on the Pre.
    We need more users first, WebOS currently has about 2% of the international market share.

Wow! Another great addition to the pre 3D game family. I'm excited at the possibilities when other developers get hold of the PDK. Great job by gameloft. The game takes some time to download and to get used to the controls but its a very solid game. Great sound and action. I would recommend purchasing this game. I'm sure once the Pre hits Verizon and AT&T? and the number of webOs users increase, we will begin to see the prices of these games go down. But until then, it is what it is.
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    We need more users first, WebOS currently has about 2% of the international market share.

[IMG]
    rashad, you're a joke.
    you would post some ridiculously inaccurate graph showing iphone os as the worldwide market leader.

not even in the US does the iphone os lead the market.
    symbian is the worldwide leader as far as smartphone operating systems go.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    rashad, you're a joke.
    you would post some ridiculously inaccurate graph showing iphone os as the worldwide market leader.

This data is based off internet usage on smart phones, the smartphones primary function. More people use their data plans than their voice plans.

December 2009 Mobile Metrics Report AdMob Metrics

No need for personal attacks BTW, gets us no where...doesnt add anything
    Quote Originally Posted by rayln View Post
    rashad, you're a joke.

I'd wager that the iPhone/iPod combination is by far the largest market for the kinds of games we're talking about in this thread. You don't see Symbian and RIM devices running these sorts of games because... well... they can't. So the graph is quite relevant, and indeed webOS would probably garner an even smaller share (negligible, in fact) if one were to look at number of units sold.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    EA has the NFL rights to console and PC gaming. The mobile rights are up for grabs for any company that wants to pay the NFL to use it.

That said, I would love to see a mobile Madden 10 for the pre.
    This data is based off internet usage on smart phones, the smartphones primary function. More people use their data plans than their voice plans.

December 2009 Mobile Metrics Report AdMob Metrics

No need for personal attacks BTW, gets us no where...doesnt add anything
    Speaking of not adding anything, neither does posting a graph out of context and claiming that it shows Palm with a 2% market share when RIM, RIM!, is at 6% on the very same graph. Totally ridiculous. Please go troll somewhere else.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EMPOLLA View Post
    Here is a video review of the iphone version on youtube.

[url= - Broadcast Yourself.[/url]
    This link doesn't take me to the video.
    Its been 5 hours plus and still no download? I can see the Icon shadow in my app menu but it still says downloading. Does anyone know how I can fix this beause apparently it shouldnt take this long!
    Just as a side note, when this came out on the iphone it was $7.99, so we are getting it cheaper than they did at the start... yes they are getting a promo price, but can't complain too much.
    ANyone rememeber Madden for the Treo and all PALM os devices ( link below) . I had it. First it came out on SD card then the next year it was a downlaod BUT it was horrible. It was not the graphics but that it impossible to make it like the console version due to the lack of controls ona phone. If they did make one I ofcourse being a huge madden guy would buy it but it would pretty much be a throw and catch game. you cant do all the things on a phone that the console can. Even the PSP version of Madden is limited and not that great.

Madden NFL 06 from EA SPORTS (Download) for Palm OS by Filao

Have not downloaded this game YET. Waiting for a few reviews to see if it is worth it.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast