Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    My power button is broken (yes, I did a search) and I'm getting a replacement shipped some time soon. Anyway, I'm heading out for the night, so I don't have time to try the fix (prying it off, etc.). Is there a way to turn the phone on without using the power button? For some reason (since power button broke), it keeps shutting down every now and again, so I may need to power it on when I'm out for the evening. Thanks!

P.S. The only way I've been able to get it on thus far is plugging it in to charge and then holding the orange + sym + R key...and that's only when the slider is open to show me the Palm logo.
    you just have to plug it in the charger you don't have to press anything else
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jordan23945bulls View Post
    you just have to plug it in the charger you don't have to press anything else
    I won't have the charger since I'm going out to dinner. I want to know how to turn it on while I'm at dinner and away from my car/home charger tonight.
    there is no way. Only with the charger
    if it's already on just slide it open
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by o0otoxic View Post
    if it's already on just slide it open
    LOL I know that. What I'm saying (and stated in the original post) is that since the power button broke today, the phone seems to be powering down by itself sometimes. Since it may power down while I'm not around a charger (at dinner tonight), I was wondering if there was a combination of keys I could push (or something else) to get the phone to power back up.
    Opening the slider will turn it on. Also, if the slider is already extended, you can press the space bar and the Pre will turn on.

Or are you talking about it completely powering down (radio off, etc.)?
    carry a paper clip! there isn't a way
    Ha my friend's charge port and power button is busted. only thing i can think of is using my touchstone back cover and touch stone to power it up.
    MatterOfFactJack
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    Ha my friend's charge port and power button is busted. only thing i can think of is using my touchstone back cover and touch stone to power it up.
    Popping off the power button and using something with a blunt tip, like a pen, will also work. That's what I did, when mine first went bad. I was out for the evening and it shut off.

It's also an easy repair, you can pop the button out and put a small piece of rubber band or eraser underneath, then pop it back in and it'll work great.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Carry one of the USB battery boosters that people sell. You could easily keep one with you along with a small cable.
    There really isn't a workaround. Just have to jimmy-rig it somehow.
    Yep, my first post in this section.

I purchased this phone for my teen to replace her Pixi and I like it so much I'm getting one for myself to replace my Treo 750.

My only irritation is the Power on button. I want to know if there is a software that would turn it on? I don't like sliding it open and I loathe the power button (so hard to turn on).

P.S. we addressed the keyboard issue by installing the onscreen keyboard.

Thanks
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Is there another way to turn it off without the power button or popping out the battery? My power button is also broken.