Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25
  1.    #1  
    Hey all,


    I just installed My Tether 1.5 er whatever today. It all installed correctly, but when i got to find the AoNet network on my laptop, it doesn't show up. I've tried on a winxp and win7 laptop. What the hell did i do wrong? :/
  2. #2  
    You need to enable the infamous wifi patch
  3. #3  
    Use freeTether instead
  4.    #4  
    wifi patch? my goodness am i out of it
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    wifi patch? my goodness am i out of it
    It's in the wifi options in MyTether. Make sure to disable it after you are done tethering.
  6. #6  
    Did you install the free version, or the "Donor" version?

    If it's the free version, it only works on USB or BlueTooth... The WiFi capability is only available from the "Donor" version, and only with a nearly phone-breaking patch applied.

    It's looking like the Mobile Hot Spot App in conjunction with the freeTether app (not Mytether free) might be a better option. I haven't tried it yet, but I plan to tonight.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  7.    #7  
    only 2 options are DHCP and usbnet... different version?

    And where can i get the freetether/Mobile Hotspot App?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    only 2 options are DHCP and usbnet... different version?

    And where can i get the freetether/Mobile Hotspot App?
    Oh ok, you have the free version. You can't wifi tether, but it's for the best. Use USB or BT instead.

    Mobile Hotspot won't be available for a bit though...
  9. #9  
    Check out this thread for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ot-sprint.html
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  10.    #10  
    well i got the full version now...

    whats so bad about the wifi tethering?
  11. #11  
    MyTether used to be great. Nowadays, it's a complete mess. The wifi patch isn't completely safe to use because it screws things up. Just know that there is a small chance of having to Doctor your Pre.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    MyTether used to be great. Nowadays, it's a complete mess. The wifi patch isn't completely safe to use because it screws things up. Just know that there is a giant, humongous, very-very large chance of having to Doctor your Pre.
    There... I fixed your post for you.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    There... I fixed your post for you.
    I don't think it's that bad lol. But it's still a good to just not use wifi tethering until we get a look at Mobile Hotspot.
  14.    #14  
    sounds gravy to me boys... thanks for the help
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by brennan7 View Post
    well i got the full version now...

    whats so bad about the wifi tethering?
    i hope you didn't pay for the full verison of Mytether with the possibility of problems i would never pay for it.... i went here Palm Pre My Tether 2.0.4 with installer for Windows & Mac - WeGeekedUp - Cable Modems, FTA Receivers, Movies, Music, Videos, Cell Phones, Windows, Mac, Software, Sports, Hip-Hop, News, Entertainment and downloaded the 2.0.4 verison for free
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Check out this thread for more info: http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ot-sprint.html
    Last I checked earlier tonight, it looked like there were some remaining things to be figured out on that thread.

    Has this issue been resolved yet:
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite View Post
    I got it working. You'd think there should be a way to always keep forwarding on in the /etc/event.d for ryan*freetetherd and not have to go into the freetether app at all. Is there an argument to provide or a config file to always keep on?
    or this:
    Quote Originally Posted by logie View Post
    got it working. mytether is definitely quicker w/ wifi..
    thanks
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by honda07si View Post
    i hope you didn't pay for the full verison of Mytether with the possibility of problems i would never pay for it.... i went here Palm Pre My Tether 2.0.4 with installer for Windows & Mac - WeGeekedUp - Cable Modems, FTA Receivers, Movies, Music, Videos, Cell Phones, Windows, Mac, Software, Sports, Hip-Hop, News, Entertainment and downloaded the 2.0.4 verison for free
    People should really hold off on installing MyTether. It's hardly worth even "free" anymore. The developer is not good at communicating what doesn't work and his fixes seem like real hacks. With 1.4 hopefully around the corner, you know it's just going to have more problems.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    People should really hold off on installing MyTether. It's hardly worth even "free" anymore. The developer is not good at communicating what doesn't work and his fixes seem like real hacks. With 1.4 hopefully around the corner, you know it's just going to have more problems.
    this is true before i install the 1.4 update i'm uninstalling mytether just incase
  19. #19  
    Install freetether and mobile hotspot works great and doesnt break anythinng.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1country View Post
    Install freetether and mobile hotspot works great and doesnt break anythinng.
    Do we have Mobile Hotspot already torn apart? How did we get it? It hasn't launched on Verizon yet...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions