Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    While we're on the subject of malware, do any of you have an answer for my thread from last week?
    I know RWhitby responded to it already, and i appreciate that, but do any of you guys have anything to add to this question?
    I (and i'm sure, many other people) am(are) really concerned about this:

http://m.forums.precentral.net/palm-...t-our-pre.html
    Here's an article showing that it already happened with an app for Android:

Malicious banking app found in the Android Marketplace (Phone Arena News)
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The things you are reporting are well known by the Preware developers. By repeating them over and over you give the impression that we don't care about them, whereas I think you'll find we're the ones who have displayed the most attention to homebrew security...
    Rod,

I keep trying to say that I am sorry but I guess I am not saying it well.

I do not mean to say anything inflamatory.

- Craig
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 01/24/2010 at 04:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Rod,

I keep trying to say that I am sorry but I guess I am not saying it well.

I do not mean to say anything inflamatory.

- Craig
    It's all cool - we're all working towards the same goals, just taking slightly different paths to get there

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  5.    #45  
    Should the Preware Guide mention that a theme that Preware installs for you may include a patch that is not documented or tested?

That way the user could make their own informed decision about using Preware.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Should the Preware Guide mention that a theme that Preware installs for you may include a patch that is not documented or tested?

That way the user could make their own informed decision about using Preware.

- Craig
    Themes from the precentral-themes feed do not include active patches.

But feel free to warn about the other feed if you've verified that included patches actually do get applied.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123