Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53
  1.    #1  
    I know, i know. Two different sports.
    But really:
    Do you think that 1.4 is sure to score?
    Or do you think that 1.4 is webOS' last chance to make a good first impression? (Hence, the Hail Mary) (btw- i hate the word 'hence')
  2. LinT's Avatar
    Posts
    303 Posts
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    #2  
    i'll tell you in february.
  3. #3  
    Well it's a big update, we'll see, I think it would score big with alot of people and I'm sure there will be plenty of complaints as well (probably 40% of them originating because they don't uninstall patches), hence, It'll score with me.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I know, i know. Two different sports.
    But really:
    Do you think that 1.4 is sure to score?
    Or do you think that 1.4 is webOS' last chance to make a good first impression? (Hence, the Hail Mary) (btw- i hate the word 'hence')
    I think:

    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I know, i know. Two different sports.
    But really:
    Do you think that 1.4 is sure to score?
    Or do you think that 1.4 is webOS' last chance to make a good first impression? (Hence, the Hail Mary) (btw- i hate the word 'hence')
    First, why do you hate the word "hence"? I find it perfectly serviceable...

    Second, your choices seem odd. I think 1.4. will do well, although I doubt that it will represent anything like a "slam dunk." And, while 1.4 will likely be a very nice update, I don't think it will be a milestone in the development of webOS long-term nor do I think webOS makes a bad first impression as it is.

    False dichotomies, and all that...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  6. #6  
    I think it'll be a home run!
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well it's a big update, we'll see, I think it would score big with alot of people and I'm sure there will be plenty of complaints as well (probably 40% of them originating because they don't uninstall patches), hence, It'll score with me.
    Only 40%. I'd put that closer to 85% of the people who complain about the update because they forgot to remove patches and themes. Not to mention the those who out of impatience pull the battery (even though the screen says not to).
  8. santos's Avatar
    Posts
    578 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    #8  
    Not to nitpick, but do you have to always put funky characters in the subjects of your posts? First you started with some black dot dealy (●) ... now you're using ascii arrows (-->).

    I think it draws unnecessary attention. If your thread topic is well defined, you'll get viewers/commentators.

    Thanks.
  9. #9  
    Parting gift. :P
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by santos View Post
    Not to nitpick, but do you have to always put funky characters in the subjects of your posts? First you started with some black dot dealy (●) ... now you're using ascii arrows (-->).

    I think it draws unnecessary attention. If your thread topic is well defined, you'll get viewers/commentators.

    Thanks.
    -> Thanx for ur input. <-
    Like my boss always tells people:
    "I'll take that into consideration."
    And then - -
    Nothing changes.
  11. #11  
    I'm excited for 1.4.....but I wonder what 2.0 will bring when the time comes. And why is Android already at 2.1?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by zulfaqar621 View Post
    Only 40%. I'd put that closer to 85% of the people who complain about the update because they forgot to remove patches and themes. Not to mention the those who out of impatience pull the battery (even though the screen says not to).
    Well I tried to leave room for those who complain because it's an update and their scared to update. And the people who'll complain because it doesn't do something they have to have (including those where it does do what they ask). And the people who will complain because they can't put an old patch back on their phone. And those who will complain because it isn't an iPhone yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I'm excited for 1.4.....but I wonder what 2.0 will bring when the time comes. And why is Android already at 2.1?
    Cuz when you release a new version per phone and you are giving away your OS to manufacturers it tends to mutate pretty fast. Also different companies would have different numbering schemes, if webos where Apple we'd already be on 5.0.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I'm excited for 1.4.....but I wonder what 2.0 will bring when the time comes. And why is Android already at 2.1?
    Android has been out for over a year. Why wouldn't they be at 2.1?

    And I fully believe that WebOS 1.4 will pick winning lottery numbers for me.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  14. ksom's Avatar
    Posts
    355 Posts
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I'm excited for 1.4.....but I wonder what 2.0 will bring when the time comes. And why is Android already at 2.1?
    I am not so hot about chasing numbers. What features actually go in the release is more important. A number is a number.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon
  15. #15  
    dunno bout you guys but i'm kind of excited about all the other little treats that the guys and gals at webOS headquarters will be sneaking into the 1.4 update.

    We may yet see some of our favourite patches integrated. LED notifications, 4 x 4 icons, landscape email etc... What else would you guys want to see wrapped up in this update?

    As for a release date i'm gonna go with the 13th.
  16. #16  
    Cuz when you release a new version per phone and you are giving away your OS to manufacturers it tends to mutate pretty fast. Also different companies would have different numbering schemes, if webos where Apple we'd already be on 5.0.[/QUOTE]

    Good call....that makes sense.
  17. #17  
    You know what, I'd rather have the app store.

    It would be sad if 1.4 came to Bell and we couldn't actually buy any apps that take advantage of it...
  18. #18  
    Yeah... Flash and video recording... sure to disappoint us all!
  19. #19  
    Gooaaaaaallllllll!!!!!!!!!!111111
  20. #20  
    "yawn"


    I only say that since it should have been here. As a result it has not only hurt Palm but also Sprint.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions