Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53
  1. #41  
    ----->and I could care less for theads that contain ----> <------> <------>

    Who needs 1.4 when 1.3.5.1 is already the best thing out there.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  2. #42  
    I'm lookin forward to finding out either way but obviously hopin for a few extras
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    ----->and I could care less for theads that contain ----> <------> <------>

    Who needs 1.4 when 1.3.5.1 is already the best thing out there.
    THAT was the game changer "as it were". A "minor" .4 update brought HUGE changes to WebOS that leveled the field against crApple. Post 1.4 all they will really have is the total number of apps over Palm.

    We're not even at a year yet for crying out loud. You know if there are multitask rumors in the fruit camp (something 'ol Jobsey said crApple didn't need) you know they are at "oh sh!t alert" at the potential that Palm has already unleased and we still SIX upgrades away from 2.0. I'd be quaking in my boots too if I was him. (app count only gets you so far)
  4. #44  
    To be honest, I thought the Pre was Palm's hail mary.

    1.4 is just the next step in the process.
  5. diggedy's Avatar
    Posts
    246 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #45  
    It seems the UK the uk is expecting big things from the pre. The advertising campaign has been stepped up again and the pre is being hailed as the next big thing in the gadget world. Im surprised they are claiming so much before we actually have the app catalogue though
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by diggedy View Post
    It seems the UK the uk is expecting big things from the pre. The advertising campaign has been stepped up again and the pre is being hailed as the next big thing in the gadget world. Im surprised they are claiming so much before we actually have the app catalogue though
    what advertising? which channel?
    i've seen maybe 2 adverts on tv and a few online since the palm pre was available in the uk.
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Ok. Maybe will do.
    A "hat trick"? Alright, but it's not really a "game changer" per se. It's usually drawn out through the course of the game.
    It's not really pronounced, earth-shattering or show-stopping though. Ya know?
    But i'll "take it into consideration", ok?
    Glad you like that solution to "verbal bigotry" (I like that, too). I know hat trick isn't necessarily a game changer, although I've seen 'em happen in a short time-span, all in a row (natural hat trick), but hat tricks are exciting and fairly rare, so I figured it would be an appropriate description for what I expect from 1.4. I also agree that 1.3.5 was a game changer.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8. DSPKweb's Avatar
    Posts
    447 Posts
    Global Posts
    468 Global Posts
    #48  
    I think it will be like the Southpark Presidential Race episode and we'll be saying ''Boom Baby''
    Sanyo SCP 4500 > Samsung SCH 1900 > Sanyo SCP 5000 > Treo 755p > Palm Pre > HTC Evo
  9.    #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by pullbangdead View Post
    To be honest, I thought the Pre was Palm's hail mary.

    1.4 is just the next step in the process.
    I could see it like that too.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Glad you like that solution to "verbal bigotry" (I like that, too). I know hat trick isn't necessarily a game changer, although I've seen 'em happen in a short time-span, all in a row (natural hat trick), but hat tricks are exciting and fairly rare, so I figured it would be an appropriate description for what I expect from 1.4. I also agree that 1.3.5 was a game changer.
    ok
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgerblue View Post
    I'm excited for 1.4.....but I wonder what 2.0 will bring when the time comes. And why is Android already at 2.1?
    'cause they have money to pay LOTS of developers

    'Nuff said
  12. #52  
    As for the Palm OS v1.4.
    I guess it depends on a couple of things...
    a) Will the changes from 1.3.5 be solidified with slightly more complete and polished versions of code
    b) Will there be some instant access stuff available that 'wow's' people (stuff that will be available in a year need not apply..lol)
    c) Will the flash stuff really be present and in the form of a) and b) above (polished & available)
    d) Will the rest of the countries finally have access to the content. (FYI, Canada still can't buy any content and currently (v1.3.5.1) we only have access to about 299 apps as of RIGHT NOW (Jan 24/2010). If I use Preware there is about 1500 apps, but the majority are not available for my country (error msg says that).
    Fingers crossed for 1.4
  13. #53  
    No Bluetooth headset voice dialing makes 1.4 useless to me.
    Can't legally use it in my car.
    My Motorola E815 from the dark ages works like a charm.
    So sad.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions