Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    layup.

It will be enough to make people happy, but not enough to shut anyone up.

I just want video so I can't wait for the Feb29 release.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    layup.

It will be enough to make people happy, but not enough to shut anyone up.
    Lol. I was gonna include "just a layup" and "just a first down" too, but I didn't wanna push it.
    hey I'm already happy and not worried about the update and don't really have a need for flash or video record . But the extras will be nice if they add any extras that is !!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Well it's a big update, we'll see, I think it would score big with alot of people and I'm sure there will be plenty of complaints as well (probably 40% of them originating because they don't uninstall patches), hence, It'll score with me.
    Lol, very funny hahaha.
  5. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    I think 1.4 is just gonna be more of the same. Lots of nice touches & minor new features, speed improvement etc etc that will just make the best mobile platform even better. Pretty sure we won't see anything revolutionary, bbut Im loving the constant incremental updates rather then annually (iPhone) or not at all (winmo)
    Some updates are more noticeable than others. In this case with the addition of flash and video recording there will be enough to be noticeable but I don't think there will ever be a single update that completely transforms the phone, sometimes with the hype on the forums, it seems that is an expectation in some cases.
  7. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Flash isn't part of 1.4, its a separate download (for now at least)
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gabbott View Post
    Some updates are more noticeable than others. In this case with the addition of flash and video recording there will be enough to be noticeable but I don't think there will ever be a single update that completely transforms the phone, sometimes with the hype on the forums, it seems that is an expectation in some cases.
    I completely agree.
    No. It's just going be a normal update that isn't going to make potential customers say "Ohhh man, I have to get WebOs'. The majority of potential customers don't read this forum and as such don't even know what a 1.4 is or what it does so its not going to be a game changer for those folks in either direction.

For the people on this forum, some will say YEAH and some will be like OHHHHH NOOOOO this update didn't give me or do blah blah blah, therefore, Palm is lost foreverrrrrrrrrrrr or something like it should have been released 2 months ago now where is my voice dial or some other feature.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    Mornin' Danny. How about "hat trick"? Video recording, flash, and one of the suprises Palm seems to delight in sneaking in to updates?

BTW, speaking as your "Mistress of Verbosity" I find hence to be an extraordinarily useful word -- much more elegant than "because of that", "by reason of that", etc. However, if it really bothers you, good synonyms include "consequently", "accordingly", and "therefore". Thus endeth the lesson for today.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Mornin' Danny. How about "hat trick"? Video recording, flash, and one of the suprises Palm seems to delight in sneaking in to updates?

BTW, speaking as your "Mistress of Verbosity" I find hence to be an extraordinarily useful word -- much more elegant than "because of that", "by reason of that", etc. However, if it really bothers you, good synonyms include "consequently", "accordingly", and "therefore". Thus endeth the lesson for today.
    G'morning, Janie.
    Perhaps (another word that i don't like)
    you might want/desire to change/modify your signature name to:
    Mistress Thesaurusness (Not under duress)
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/23/2010 at 11:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    You object to "perhaps" as well? What's next, "the"?!?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    G'morning, Janie.
    you might want/desire to change/modify your signature name to:
    Mistress Thesaurusness (Not under duress)
    Heh. Nah, I prefer "Verbosity" as it describes both how I speak/write and that I know lots of words.

BTW, instead of "perhaps", how about "maybe"?

You didn't say if "hat trick" was an acceptable scoring alternative, either...
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    I find this verbal bigotry to be quite distressing.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    1.4 is a good thing but not a slam dunk. Its just one more great feature added to a great OS. Im sure it wont be the last.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Heh. Nah, I prefer "Verbosity" as it describes both how I speak/write and that I know lots of words.

BTW, instead of "perhaps", how about "maybe"?

You didn't say if "hat trick" was an acceptable scoring alternative, either...
    Ok. Maybe will do.
    A "hat trick"? Alright, but it's not really a "game changer" per se. It's usually drawn out through the course of the game.
    It's not really pronounced, earth-shattering or show-stopping though. Ya know?
    But i'll "take it into consideration", ok?
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I find this verbal bigotry to be quite distressing.
    Hahahaha- I like that.
    "Verbal Bigotry"
    Ok. Maybe will do.
    A "hat trick"? Alright, but it's not really a "game changer" per se. It's usually drawn out through the course of the game.
    It's not really pronounced, earth-shattering or show-stopping though. Ya know?
    But i'll "take it into consideration", ok?
    "Perhaps" and "hence" are out but "per se" makes the cut? Awesome.

By the way, I agree with the overall sentiment here: 1.4 will be good, but it won't (on its own) make a huge difference. I do think that the Pre and Pixi appearance on Verizon will make a difference. And if they show up shortly on AT&T too, that will help a lot too. It just hugely increases the number of potential buyers. Pogue's recent article on the Pre was very complimentary. That kind of press helps a lot too. So I think Palm will continue to build momentum little by little. It's a solid running game, 3-5 yards per down, no big, flashy 50 yard pass plays here.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    "Perhaps" and "hence" are out but "per se" makes the cut? Awesome.

By the way, I agree with the overall sentiment here: 1.4 will be good, but it won't (on its own) make a huge difference. I do think that the Pre and Pixi appearance on Verizon will make a difference. And if they show up shortly on AT&T too, that will help a lot too. It just hugely increases the number of potential buyers. Pogue's recent article on the Pre was very complimentary. That kind of press helps a lot too. So I think Palm will continue to build momentum little by little. It's a solid running game, 3-5 yards per down, no big, flashy 50 yard pass plays here.
    Good post, per se.
    If they fix the memory leaks and native app performance (Music, messaging, etc.) then i'll be happy.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast