1.    #1  
    I am desperate for a Palm Pre and for work reasons I have to stick with AT&T. I know that I can get the 2G model and make it work on the Edge network and was holding out for an unlocked one so I could get 3G service. It looks like the Mexican Telcel solution is not looking too promising and AT&T's promise of 'first half of 2010' could mean as late as June.

I was considering waiting on Telus to release one - I have a HTC Hero from them and unlocked it with no problems and it's working great on the AT&T 3G network. But if Palm is making their models harder to unlock now, that may not be the solution either.

So my question is that if I get an unlocked Palm Pre and set up an account and such now - will I have to go through the whole process when AT&T releases their Palm product? I have no experience with Web OS and didn't know how the whole process works. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated
    Quote Originally Posted by snvyas View Post
    I am desperate for a Palm Pre and for work reasons I have to stick with AT&T. I know that I can get the 2G model and make it work on the Edge network and was holding out for an unlocked one so I could get 3G service. It looks like the Mexican Telcel solution is not looking too promising and AT&T's promise of 'first half of 2010' could mean as late as June.

I was considering waiting on Telus to release one - I have a HTC Hero from them and unlocked it with no problems and it's working great on the AT&T 3G network. But if Palm is making their models harder to unlock now, that may not be the solution either.

So my question is that if I get an unlocked Palm Pre and set up an account and such now - will I have to go through the whole process when AT&T releases their Palm product? I have no experience with Web OS and didn't know how the whole process works. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated
    If you get either the O2 unlocked German Qwertz Pre or the Movistar Spain locked Pre and have it IMEI unlocked (that's being done for our members by the ebay reseller in Spain before he ships it out), you will have a perfectly functional Palm Pre on AT&T except you will have only 2G data EDGE.

When AT&T releases their Web OS devices in June or July, You can purchase one, activate it and assign it to your existing Palm Profile without any hassle. That process is really simple when compared to some of the things we're trying to accomplish with our Pre's here!.

Hope that helps.

Barry

I too am hoping for the Telus Pre to come out in February. Heard Telus isn't as strict about unlocking as Telcel historically has been.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Barry! I will wait until Feb for the Telus Pre and if it still hasn't come out I will get one of the two you mentioned...