Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    You know I was thinking that our Sprint Palm Pre's could actually have an advantage over the Verizon Pre Plus if someone writes a killer app for our button in the gesture area. My first vote would be for a button that works to answer and hang up calls. I'm sure there are many other cool (and needed) uses for it. I hope some of you HomeBrew Geniuses do something great! Thanks!
    How about using it to Wake the phone from sleep like the power button does? I can't tell you how many times I still hit it trying to do this....(iPodidis). Heck, it could do that AND hang up phone calls.
    Global Posts
    352 Global Posts
    It already wakes up the phone if the keyboard is open so I'd imagine it'd be an easy fix.
    +1 answer & hang up.
    An easy patch could do this I would assume. If you really want something like this go over to the patch section and request it. Someone may be able to build it for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlylee View Post
    +1 answer & hang up.
    Me too.
    Absolutely. I'd love to have this!
    Quote Originally Posted by jlylee View Post
    +1 answer & hang up.
    +2
    Current SDK doesn't allow access to this button. That's why it hasn't been altered as of yet. Maybe one day Palm will allow access to it.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    the button wakes the phone up on the touchstone. that's a very minor advantage for me!
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    I tried to post in the homebrew forum but it denied me access I wonder what that's all about? Maybe someone could post this request for me?