1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I just got the Palm Pre and been browsing around the site quite frequently the past few days. Wonderful information you guys got in here!

Ive been looking, but haven't an app for this yet:
    Ringtone Profiles.

On the old Palm OS, there was an app called Profiles which allowed you to change ringers/vibe/mute based on time of day. It also adjusted the screen/keyboard brightness as well. Anyone see a program similar to that for the WebOS?

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    The keyboard's brightness is tied to the screen's.
    You're invited to follow me on Twitter
  3.    #3  
    R u sure about that? I have the app Brightness Unlinked that can change brightness for Screen and Keyboard separately....
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Great. Thanks for telling me about this application. However, I don't use homebrew.
    I'll add a request for this. The profiles application was my favorite palm os app on my treo. I sorely miss it on my Pre. Has anyone heard of any work being done in this direction?
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    I would love a profile App to change the network settings such as at home, enable wi-fi and set data to 2G. Then when I leave home, disable wi-fi, enable BT and set data to Auto. Ringtones I don't really care about.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laze View Post
    Great. Thanks for telling me about this application. However, I don't use homebrew.
    Whaaaat? Dude, why not? I was always wary about installing third party apps, but man I am glad I started! Patches are VERY useful and there are some decent apps. Not to mention themes...
  8.    #8  
    So not only do u not know about the capabilities of the Pre, you fail to even bother tapping with the Homebrew? Ignorance is bliss.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by chiefplt View Post
    I'll add a request for this. The profiles application was my favorite palm os app on my treo. I sorely miss it on my Pre. Has anyone heard of any work being done in this direction?
    Chiefplt, how do you put in requests? I'd like to know so I don't keep bugging you guys =P, I'm a noobie here
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chillaxtodamax View Post
    So not only do u not know about the capabilities of the Pre, you fail to even bother tapping with the Homebrew? Ignorance is bliss.
    I know the capabilities of the Pre out of the box. And I'm not ignorant to the existence of Homebrew, I've simply chosen not to use it - for now.

Quote Originally Posted by chillaxtodamax View Post
    I'm a noobie here
    Yes, you are and you're not off to a good start. Ditch the attitude.
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmrpnk21 View Post
    Whaaaat? Dude, why not? I was always wary about installing third party apps, but man I am glad I started! Patches are VERY useful and there are some decent apps. Not to mention themes...
    I don't doubt it, I'm overly cautious I guess. It's tempting, especially now that you can upgrade webOS without having to uninstall all your patches first:

http://www.precentral.net/webos-inte...tch-technology
    I have a day 1 Pre and have stayed away from homebrew as well.

The part that keeps me away is that every time an update comes
    around... 90% of users with patches seem to loose control of the
    Pre and have to scramble for a fix to get it working again.

It might just be me... but I'm afraid of screwing it up!
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingInIowa.com View Post
    I have a day 1 Pre and have stayed away from homebrew as well.

The part that keeps me away is that every time an update comes
    around... 90% of users with patches seem to loose control of the
    Pre and have to scramble for a fix to get it working again.

It might just be me... but I'm afraid of screwing it up!
    Indeed, to the point where I think a separate forum for trouble shooting patched devices is worth considering. You could even argue the problems patched users have are self-inflicted...
    I second this
    Indeed, to the point where I think a separate forum for trouble shooting patched devices is worth considering. You could even argue the problems patched users have are self-inflicted...
    It isn't that bad guys, seriously. If problems arise you can always Reset the phone back to factory or Doctor it. It takes about 30 minutes and your back. Everything has been resynced, contacts, caledars, etc. The whole patching process has been made even easier, check this out Here
  16.    #16  

I meant I was a noobie as in using the Palm Pre. But apparently I'm more advanced than you since I have had the experience of using QuickInstall/Preware and you haven't. So I guess that makes you the noob ;-) You say I have an attitude, yet you respond sarcastically to my reply. Sure thing buddy. Mr 154 posts lol.
    are these real humans posting or sarcasmbots?