Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Hey there,

Long time reader, first time poster. Come Monday I'll be upgrading from my Treo 700p to the Pre Plus. I've been reading for a loooong about the Pre and have been VERY excited about its coming to Verizon. I have a few questions that I figured I could get answered here.

1. Do all of the homebrew, patches, etc. work on the Pre Plus?

2. What are your recommended patches? Which do you use the most?

3. Does anyone have a link to a themeing guide? I'm an avid graphics designer and I want to try my hand at making some themes for WebOS.

Sorry if these questions have been asked before, and I apologize if this is in in the wrong forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper-Cut View Post
    1. Do all of the homebrew, patches, etc. work on the Pre Plus?
    not sure, but mostly likely yes
    Pre/Pixi and Pre/Pixi Plus are identical as far as webOS goes. Patches will work fine.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-t...mebuilder.html
    Congrats on you getting the Pre!

Here are some answers for you:

1) Yes, they should all work for the most part. Some patches like LED notification may not because the Pre Plus may already have these.

2)There are certain things that I like to use patches for - LED Notification is the main one for me. Others are things like enabling landscape mode for email and .pdf viewing. Adding a % to the battery info at the top of the screen, enabling dialpad (haptic feedback) vibration, adding scrims (backgrounds) to different screens - like email, contacts, etc., adding the ability to swipe to delete videos and stuff. You will be able to go through and easily choose and customize your Pre with the features you want (if they are still missing from the Pre Plus).

3) Just go to the Themes forum and the very first post is a 'sticky' with detailed instructions on creating themes.

Play and Enjoy!
    Also a note, you may want to wait until 1.4 comes out to start messing with patches, b/c you'll have to uninstall them all b/f you do the update.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Also a note, you may want to wait until 1.4 comes out to start messing with patches, b/c you'll have to uninstall them all b/f you do the update.
    Uninstalling all the patches is as easy as selecting "Emergency Patch Removal" from preware, I wouldn't let this discourage you from using patches until 1.4 drops. Let's face it, updates have a tendency to miss their supposed release dates.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick replies, I really appreciate it. If/when I get a decent theme going, I'll post it for everyone to see.
    You know, ever since the last update (1.3.5) I do have LED notifications without the patch. Does enyone else have it?
    Quote Originally Posted by mudotron View Post
    You know, ever since the last update (1.3.5) I do have LED notifications without the patch. Does enyone else have it?
    no you don't.