1.    #1  
    Yesterday I was playing with the excellent messaging plugins made by greg_roll (btw, THANKS!), and it occurred to me that it would be better to try to install them on my Pre just after doctoring it.

The problem is that I doctored it to 1.3.5 before removing patches or homebrew, and now Preware tells me that I have 34 patches installed, and thus it can't "uninstall" them since they're not there. I ran EPR and nothing.

Preware also says that I have several apps installed (both from the Catalog and Homebrew), and it can work with them with no problems.

I suppose Preware now stores its database files in some place that isn't touched by the webos doctor, so, the questions are:

1. How can I make Preware recognize that I no longer have the patches?
    2. If I delete everything from /media/cryptofs/apps, will Preware know that I deleted the apps?
    3. How can I fully restore my Pre (everything, including configurations, /var files, etc)

Hope someone can help

Thanks!
    There's another Emergency tool available, besides the Recovery and Migration which you can try and run.

If you want to actually clear the USB drive you'll have to Dr. it to 1.2 and then update it forward, but don't forget that there are problems with backups so make sure you don't sign on to your profile in 1.2.
  3.    #3  
    I guess I could delete my backup from the profile.
    I'll give it a try, thanks!!
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I did something with equally questionable foresight and found through trial and error that WebOsQuickInstall was able to 'remove' the patches after which I was able to re-install them using PreWare. It's worth a try before doctoring again.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Yesterday I was playing with the excellent messaging plugins made by greg_roll (btw, THANKS!), and it occurred to me that it would be better to try to install them on my Pre just after doctoring it.

The problem is that I doctored it to 1.3.5 before removing patches or homebrew, and now Preware tells me that I have 34 patches installed, and thus it can't "uninstall" them since they're not there. I ran EPR and nothing.

Preware also says that I have several apps installed (both from the Catalog and Homebrew), and it can work with them with no problems.

I suppose Preware now stores its database files in some place that isn't touched by the webos doctor, so, the questions are:

1. How can I make Preware recognize that I no longer have the patches?
    2. If I delete everything from /media/cryptofs/apps, will Preware know that I deleted the apps?
    3. How can I fully restore my Pre (everything, including configurations, /var files, etc)

Hope someone can help

Thanks!
    There have been at least a couple dozen threads on this problem in the last day or so that I've responded to. Please people, time to do a little searching before you restart these "Patch Problem" threads.

First, before you do anything to your phone like installing updates, doctoring, etc, you MUST uninstall any patches or themes you have on your phone. Otherwise, until webosinternals finds the solution and updates preware, you will ALWAYS have this problem. We need to do a little bit of research into our phone before we try to modify them.

Here is the solution to this problem. Please pass it along to others so we don't continuously see this same topic over and over:
    Open upQuickInstall and go to device management. You will find the patches under 'Applications'. Check every patch you have and choose remove. You will get error messages as they uninstall. Don't worry, just click 'OK'. When this is done, reboot your phone. You should then be free to reinstall your patches.

Just some advice, I only use Quickinstall to tweak my dialer and my boot screen, as well as installing package manager and preware. Everything else that can be done by both Quickinstall and Preware I install through Preware. That includes themes, apps, and the majority of the available patches. Quickinstall and preware sometimes don't agree on what is installed and what is not, so that's how I keep everything separate. Good luck!
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  6.    #6  
    Right! Thanks!!
    I'm doing the webos quick install thingie, clicking ok on every error for the 34 patches... *sigh*
    At least it seems to be working!
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...e-welcome.html

check here and read everything carefully . so you dont run into similiar issues in the future.

future= yaani bokra baad bokra