Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Weirdest thing ever. I pick up my phone in the morning and is greeted with a message saying "You are signed out of your palm profile. Pls restart".

Ok, I restart and it comes up with another screen with basically the same message and the option to "Restart" or "Erase All Data"

Now, I'm at the screen where you initially set up your phone and it is now trying to restore my palm profile.

Anyone know why the hell it did this out of the blue?
    was ur coverage dropped? maybe thats how the phone reacts if ur service was cancelled.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Nope. Still have coverage. I just signed back in and its like a brand new Pre. All my patches/Preware apps are gone.
    weird. hope that doesnt happen to me :P glad its fixed tho
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Rest of my data (Pictures/Music) are still here. It just reset the phone for no apparent reason.

Weird...my virtual keyboard patch still works. Also weird is that Web OS Quick Install wont detect my phone so that I can install Preware.
    Last edited by corpx; 01/22/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    for no apparent reason! I have no patches/themes, etc.

I had to restart the phone and it asked me to sign into my profile. But I couldn't do so as my KB didn't work! I had to take out the battery and do a reset, after which, it was fine. However, all my settings had been reset, although my pics and apps were intact!!
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    Rest of my data (Pictures/Music) are still here. It just reset the phone for no apparent reason.

Weird...my virtual keyboard patch still works. Also weird is that Web OS Quick Install wont detect my phone so that I can install Preware.
    You probably have to enable Dev Mode again
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You probably have to enable Dev Mode again
    That fixed the connectivity issue, but Preware is having lots of problems. Says Package Manager service is not installed, even though I installed it and rebooted the phone.
    Same thing happened to my daughter's phone last week. I ended up doctoring it since all the patches were in limbo. Makes me worried also. If you have apps with data, could easily be wiped out for no known reason. No billing problems or anything that should indicate the phone should be cut off and the other 4 phones on the same plan were fine. It happened to her while the phone was in her backpack at school, like everyday.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I called Sprint, who forwarded me to Palm and assigned me a # and asked me to call back after 48 hours.

I think this may have to do with a Pre that I returned due to defect. Somebody must have turned it on.
    I got the "You have been signed out of your palm profile, to sign in you must restart blah blah"

I restarted and the phone language prompt appeared then the login to my profile.

Everything was gone.

The applications are downloading back but I am unable to take pictures and the photo app wont load.

Got the phone 3 weeks ago and had preware and Jason's torch app and nothing else.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    does anyone know what the cause for this issue might be? If you have your phone customized with homebrew apps and patches when this happens, you really have to Doctor your phone to get it back to how you want it with out problems.

I honestly do not care that much since I like to use my phone for the Alpha Testing stuff, but its just a pain when it randomly does it when "IT" wants to.

I was thinking that maybe it does it as a push from Palm (or carrier). Since they for sure know who mods their phone, when they feel like an update might not run as smooth as they want it to if there are phones that wont take the update well in the state that they are in, then they would force a restore, without loosing your major palm profile data, and giving a fresh platform to install the next update with. This would obviously prevent negative publicity for their update causing issues with phones when it would be the mods that effected it, but the news reports wouldnt highlight the difference..

or is it just corrupted database files and phone is forced to restore for that reason??

im stumpted...
    Last edited by thePretender; 07/04/2010 at 03:10 PM.
    This just happened to me today. Working one minute, then came back and my phone reset itself. I hope it brings back all my data.
    This just happened to me!!! I'm going to hit "just restart" and see what happens...
    Mine did it for the first time tonight, actually right after running the doc on it so I was already expecting to redo everthing, but now none of my apps redownloaded....
    Mine did that once after a Palm update, hasn't done it since. *knocks on wood*
    There are two ways to pass a hurdle: leaping over or plowing through...
    There needs to be a monster truck option.