1.    #1  
    Situation:
    I want to transfer pictures from my nikon d80 to my pre so i can sort them into folders in the field.

Possible solutions:
    1. Get pre to support usb host and transfer files from camera (shouldn't need usb power).
    2. Get a eye-fi sd card and have the photos transfer wirelessly to pre

Any idea if any of this is possible??
  2.    #2  
    any ideas at all anyone? even if its a no?
    Unfortunately the Pre does not currently support either of those methods. You'll have to use an intermediary device (such as a PC) for the time being.
    you totaly have the same problem as myself. It seems like if you have mytether installed and the eyefi pro you could upload them all and then organize them online. Kind of a workaround on many levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    you totaly have the same problem as myself. It seems like if you have mytether installed and the eyefi pro you could upload them all and then organize them online. Kind of a workaround on many levels.
    MyTether would allow the camera to upload to the Internet over the Pre's 3G connection, but it would not allow the pics to be transferred directly to the Pre's storage.
    Treo 300 > Hitachi G1000 > PPC-6700 > PPC-6800 (Mogul) > PPC-6850 (Touch Pro) > Palm Pre & HTC EVO Optimus V