1.    #1  
    good morning all
    we make a call with our phones, we hang up, and we then have to press DONE to confirm that we are done.

Can we get rid of that somehow? I know I am done, just take me back to the dialpad. Very unnecessary step, and good luck redialing quick for a radio contest

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    good morning all
    we make a call with our phones, we hang up, and we then have to press DONE to confirm that we are done.

Can we get rid of that somehow? I know I am done, just take me back to the dialpad. Very unnecessary step, and good luck redialing quick for a radio contest

thanks
    +1 on this.
    What's the purpose of the 'done' button? Especially when it only shows up once in a while, not every time.
    It's very sporadic.
    I have to say pal I have no idea what you mean - once I press the "hangup" button it returns me directly to the dial pad - I've never seen a "done" button.

(I'm using a UK GSM Pre running Sprint 1.3.5.1)
  4.    #4  
    US phones, at least mine, take you to a DONE screen after you hang up. Kind of to confirm that you are indeed done. Useless.
    It already exists. Look for a patch named something like "close phone on disconnect". I have it and it's great. When the call ends, the phone app closes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    It already exists. Look for a patch named something like "close phone on disconnect". I have it and it's great. When the call ends, the phone app closes.
    This is the only thing I can think of what this thread is about.
    The only bad thing about this is if you have to make a phone call right away after finishing one. You have to wait a couple seconds. for the pre to get the phone app back up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwoertz View Post
    This isn't the same thing. What if you want to keep the keyboard open, you have to close the keyboard to hangup and then reopen again to finish your message if you were in the middle of one. I have a Pixi and can't close anything anyway. I would love this also. It's a pain when you swipe the call away to hangup and then it comes back to tell you that your done, now you have to swipe that away.
    Quote Originally Posted by lopezpm View Post
    This isn't the same thing. What if you want to keep the keyboard open, you have to close the keyboard to hangup and then reopen again to finish your message if you were in the middle of one. I have a Pixi and can't close anything anyway. I would love this also. It's a pain when you swipe the call away to hangup and then it comes back to tell you that your done, now you have to swipe that away.
    Like he said. There is a patch that closes the phone app once a call has ended. However, I have never seen the 'done' button either but that's maybe because I have a Pre with Bell.
  9.    #9  
    still looking for that patch, but search of "close phone" or "phone disconnect" yields an error---maybe too many hits.

thank you though.

It's in preware.....Ha
    Last edited by NABRIL15; 01/22/2010 at 09:09 AM.
    The Preware patch is called "Close on hangup", I just downloaded it.
    Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    I have a Sprint Pre in the US and have never seen it, I wonder where the continuity is on this to determine which Pre's have it and which ones don't?
    -Sent from my Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by NABRIL15 View Post
    good morning all

thanks
    its not a "done screen" the middle button just says done for a sec and then goes back to the normal phone app. u dont need to tap done
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    its not a "done screen" the middle button just says done for a sec and then goes back to the normal phone app. u dont need to tap done
    LOL I was just checking on my phone because I though these guys/gals where crazy because I have never seen a done screen. But yes the end call button displays done for about 1-2 seconds then returns automatically to the dial pad.