Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm hoping for a pixi on super steroids maybe even a full touchscreen like the iphone will crazy insides like the google phone....
    Play with the pre and see what your missing if you go full touchscreen. The keyboard. Sure, if you just click in text field then it can pull up, but what about universal search? Each time you go to homescreen will it bring up a virtual keyboard for you to do search? It seems WebOS was made with real keyboards in mind.
    Last edited by LupeValenz; 01/22/2010 at 04:21 AM.
    I want the next webOS phone to have a complete large screen with a slider in the fashion of that of the SideKick Phones.

Sort of like that.
  4.    #4  
    @lupevalenz
    ya I dnt think palm will do any phone without a keyboard I think it will be I iphone with a pixi keyboard on it with way better insides the pre or pre plus
    I believe the form factor will stay the same as well as the screen. This will be a pain to developers to either re-write their apps to accommodate the new resolution; however I believe we'll probably see more RAM, Storage and maybe a better body.
    Quote Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
    I believe the form factor will stay the same as well as the screen. This will be a pain to developers to either re-write their apps to accommodate the new resolution; however I believe we'll probably see more RAM, Storage and maybe a better body.
    webos is html/jscript/css so no pain in resizing apps (pixi and pre have different resolutions, and it works perfectly fine) the only thing i'm not sure about are the 3d games, but even those should scale just fine)

i hope for bigger screen, 3.5 inches maybe. anything bigger than that and the portrait slider would look strange unfortunatly and i don't think they are going with a landslied keyboard or no keyboard.
    I disagree about different form factors... they can't release the same phone three times! What is it going to be called? Pre Plus Plus? Or Pre 2(which is weird since pre mean before). How's Pre Plus 2?!
    "Oh yeah... it's the same but it's better internally..."
    They can't do the same as Apple and keep doing the same phone and just change a few stuff in it. Haha.
    I'm fine with the current form factor, just make it a tad bigger to hold a bigger battery and I'll be happy. Oh, and of course make the back touchstone compatible standard like the Pre Plus.
    I'm with Lupe...

The form factor can stay the same, but make the screen/device bigger, put a bigger battery in it, and use materials that make it feel "substantial" for a lack of a better word. I honestly think webOS is the best all around OS out there, but every time I pick up an iPhone, BB Tour, or some other device that is built well I feel like webOS is trapped inside of a toy.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    I want it to be like the htc hd2 but with webos 2.0 installed..
  11. wkj
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    I disagree about different form factors... they can't release the same phone three times! What is it going to be called? Pre Plus Plus? Or Pre 2(which is weird since pre mean before). How's Pre Plus 2?!
    "Oh yeah... it's the same but it's better internally..."
    They can't do the same as Apple and keep doing the same phone and just change a few stuff in it. Haha.
    Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700wx, Treo 755p, Treo 800w.......

Why not do the same as Apple?

wkj
    I hope its like the same as the current factor just with like a 3.7 to 4 inch screen and better processor and such. Also I hope the next one has a glass screen instead of plastic.

oooh an thinner of course since it would be bigger I don't see why thinner could not be done.
    Last edited by dkotoric; 01/22/2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Marvell quad core Armada ARM processor
    720p HD recording and playback
    bigger better screen
    tv out would be nice
    Palm should man up and revolutionalize the way phones are made! They should completely create a phone different from anything... It shouldn't be classified as a candybar or a slider or anything for that matter,it should form a brand new classification for itself.
    I'm pretty happy with the form factor of my Pre, but hoping the Pre 2:

• eliminates the USB port crack problem
    • moves the usb port off the $*$&^ side of the phone onto the top or bottom - too awkward to handle when plugged in.
    • increases UI responsiveness significantly
    • expanded storage storage
    • added a desktop sync architecture for developers to use

Sometimes I wish the screen were bigger, but I definitely like the overall small size and weight in my pocket and wouldn't want to lose that.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I wish they'd change the power button to make it more accessible when there's a case on the phone. That, or have a setting that allows you to sleep the screen from the LED button.
    Quote Originally Posted by hilaritas View Post
    I wish they'd change the power button to make it more accessible when there's a case on the phone. That, or have a setting that allows you to sleep the screen from the LED button.
    I agree, but I think that button is gone from now on.
  19.    #19  
    sounds like ppl just want a better version of the pre I for one want something new and fresh
    I agree, if you just want a better version of the same phone you can just get yourself a pre plus!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast