1.    #1  
    I am brand new to the pre and wanted to know if there was a way where i can have the birthday of a contact(linked with facebook) auto added to my calender or if not a simple way to add a contacts bday to the calender besided manually going in and doing it.
    No unfortunately this hasn't been implemented yet. My solution was to spend some time entering all my friends birthdays manually into my Google Calendar - then you can sync it to the Pre & any future phone you get (everything syncs to Google nowadays). So if you spend the time onceyou shouldn't have to do it again. Shame there's not a more elegant solution.
    There is an app called Birthdays that will show you upcoming birthdays. IIRC, it doesn't add them to your calendar, but it's a convenient way to see what's on the horizon.

I believe the app is in Preware.
    Sadly Facebook birthdays won't be added to calendar, you can try dallashigh's suggestion, or there is a facebook app to export your friends' birthdays to a format you can import into your Google Calendar. Just search for "birthday export" on facebook.