Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    Doesn't Motorola Own the name?
    No, the Droid name is owned by Verizon.
    Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    No, the Droid name is owned by Verizon.
    Licensed to Verizon by Lucas.
    i did see it on tv but it wasnt advertising the phone, it was someone playing with it. you can tell the mirror on the backround and it was a pre. it was an ad for thier 69.99 plan

thank you mytether
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    not pre specific, but the verizon ad duirng the jets colt games mimicking the DeBeers diamond ads was kinda funny. Mentions apps, 3G, web browsing, so if someone goes into a VzW store tomorrow, they might check out the pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bjs188 View Post
    not pre specific, but the verizon ad duirng the jets colt games mimicking the DeBeers diamond ads was kinda funny. Mentions apps, 3G, web browsing, so if someone goes into a VzW store tomorrow, they might check out the pre
    You would have thought they might put a "bogo" spot at the end of this commercial, you know, buy a Pre Plus and get a Pixi Plus for free.
    Yeah, I saw that commercial this morning. Just for sh*ts and giggles I went to Verizon's website this morning to see if I could find information on the Pre and Pixi Plus and they have nothing there on the site. You wouldn't know that the phones are going to be available tomorrow.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
    With millions of people watching the NFL divisional playoff games, sponsored by Verizon and yet not even one peep about the launch of the Palm Pre Plus and the Pixi Plus on their network tomorrow, what gives?
    My problem and complaint is that I can't get the good price until July because that will be 20 months after my last upgrade. Even with extending my contract Verizon will not give me the discount price until July!!!! I'd have to pay around $700 for a Pre+ tomorrow. Sorry, I'll wait until i'm eligible for the discount.
    Dave
    "Life moves fast. Don't miss a thing" > "Works like nothing else"

Palm IIIxe -> Tungsten T3 -> Lifedrive -> TX -> Verizon Centro -> Verizon Pre+ and TouchPad
    I'm more concerned there isn't even a hint of the Pre coming out tomorrow on Verizon's website.

Def. not treating this as any sort of flagship device it appears.

But hey, maybe they'll pimp it out in commercials tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    I'm more concerned there isn't even a hint of the Pre coming out tomorrow on Verizon's website.

Def. not treating this as any sort of flagship device it appears.

But hey, maybe they'll pimp it out in commercials tomorrow.
    The lack of presence of the website is definitely strange. It'll be interesting to see if they decide to advertise on television within the first two weeks after the initial release.
    I'll repeat what I said before. It's possible Verizon is waiting to see what Apple reviews on the 27th before pushing Pre/Pixi hard.
    More reason to tie up as many people as they can with 2 year contracts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Really mobile View Post
    I'll repeat what I said before. It's possible Verizon is waiting to see what Apple reviews on the 27th before pushing Pre/Pixi hard.
    Big Red's Droids are being used to fight the battle with ATT and Apple. The WebOs phones aren't being used for that battle.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbanyHDTV View Post
    You nailed my situation. I got a Centro the day it came out. Now looking to use my "new every 2" $100 on a new phone.
    Ditto here. Didn't get my Centro IMMEDIATELY, but am eligible for New Every Two in late March and qualify for the $100 discount rate. Can't wait!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Let's not forget Sprint's training wasn't the best and they did not let employees buy the phones. I always wondered about that. In fact, if i'm making the Pre my flagship, i'd go the opposite route and push the Pre on my employees. These are the guys who sell your devices afterall.
    Please explain. Sprint employees were not allowed to buy Pre's? Huh? Wazzut?
    I'm not sure about you guys but most of the radio commercials I've been hearing are for the Pixi and Pre Plus on Verizon... Haven't seen much on TV but it looks like Radio and Newspaper(keep seeing ads in the SF Chronicle).
    I still have not heard the radio commercials and I live in a large market. However, yesterday afternoon on my way to the mall I did hear a Verizon radio commercial for the Droid. It said something about they built a robot that can knock down doors and smash rocks b/c not everyone wants a pretty princess in a tiara. I'm assuming the princess is the Iphone. Weird commercial.
    Not sure how much advertising plays in to it. How many of us where launch day buyers? Granted, we may not be average joe consumers when it comes to phones, but I definitely saw many in line that I wouldn't put in our boat. We wanted the phone without a big advertising blitz from either Palm or Sprint because we knew what it was at the time: The best thing Sprint had to offer.

The Pre simply never became hot, never took off. No "it factor" with a phone that was very basic on launch. For those of us patient enough to see the full potential of the Pre and WebOS through, we can be happy with our purchase. If you are in the smartphone market and see so many offerings with what the Pre, and now Pre Plus, didn't or won't have at launch, no amount of advertising will sway one in the direction of the Pre, Pre Plus, Pixie or Pixie Plus. When there is no buzz about a product, no amount of marketing will change that. What we saw at CES may have excited us, but probably did nothing to grow interest in the Pre/Pixie.

All that being said, I was shocked that I saw more Sprint commercials featuring a WebOS product than the none I saw from Verizon this Championship Sunday (big day for us sport junkies).
    Last edited by kashmir; 01/25/2010 at 12:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kashmir View Post
    Not sure how much advertising plays in to it. How many of us where launch day buyers? Granted, we may not be average joe consumers when it comes to phones, but I definitely saw many in line that I wouldn't put in our boat. We wanted the phone without a big advertising blitz from either Palm or Sprint because we knew what it was at the time: The best thing Sprint had to offer.

The Pre simply never became hot, never took off. No "it factor" with a phone that was very basic on launch. For those of us patient enough to see the full potential of the Pre and WebOS through, we can be happy with our purchase. If you are in the smartphone market and see so many offerings with what the Pre, and now Pre Plus, didn't or won't have at launch, no amount of advertising will sway one in the direction of the Pre, Pre Plus, Pixie or Pixie Plus. When there is no buzz about a product, no amount of marketing will change that. What we saw at CES may have excited us, but probably did nothing to grow interest in the Pre/Pixie.

All that being said, I was shocked that I saw more Sprint commercials featuring a WebOS product than the none I saw from Verizon this Championship Sunday (big day for us sport junkies).
    Well, advertising can be used to created buzz. Unless you're Apple you don't get media buzz weeks before your product is launched. That is why advertising is so important for regular companies. You can't wait for the media to buzz up your product. If the majority of companies did, you wouldn't know about alot of products.
    Quote Originally Posted by kashmir View Post

the NFL and sprint are partners...which i think is why you see so much Sprint advertising during NFL games.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast