1.    #1  
    My Pre was just acting crazy, no call log, could not end calls, I thought I was in windows and had a virus. So here's the questions.

1. I had to run Web OS Doctor and it looks like a good start, but my contacts did not come back. Any suggestions?

2. I am considering getting some sync software anyway because not being synchronized is getting to be a pain. I spent an hour searching the forum an it seems like all the popular software missing sync, chappura etc are wifi. The only one I have found so far is Companion Link. Are there others? I don't know that software and don't prefer to plop down $100

Thanks to anyone who can assist.
    Larry
    1. This happened to me as well. If your contacts do not load up after, say, roughly four hours, you're probably screwed. To restore my contacts, I had to transfer a _backup_ of the PalmDatabase.db3 file that I thankfully had saved before turning in my old Pre for a refurb.

2. Tell us what exactly you're needing to sync. For something really basic, you can check out SyncToy. I would post a link to one of the threads here, but I have less than 10 posts so apparently that's a no-no. Just use the search I guess.

Hope everything works out with your phone
    I doctored last week after getting some odd messages and just over all the phone not working properly. Then my phone just died -- couldn't make a call. Spent fours hours on the phone with Sprint -- trying to suppress the urge to shoot myself -- and Palm taking the battery out, putting the battery in, taking the battery out, putting the battery in -- they declared it a total hardware failure. They promised me a new one within three days -- and here I sit four days later without a phone. I've wasted another three hours being switched from place to place -- while checking other websites for other cell phone deals. Might come tomorrow, might not -- might have a tracking number, might not, depends on who you talk to.

This will be my 3rd pre. I'm getting mighty tired of a phone that won't make a call and a company that can't find their way out of a paper bag.
    I was able to restore my contacts via online support from Sprint's website. This was about a week ago, but was only able to get a back up from December 20th. I don't know why, my phone backs up daily. Regardless, my contacts were restored.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DefinedByClass13 View Post
    I was able to restore my contacts via online support from Sprint's website. This was about a week ago, but was only able to get a back up from December 20th. I don't know why, my phone backs up daily. Regardless, my contacts were restored.
    How did you do the restore?
    Larry