1.    #1  
    I need help. I read on how to install the preware. I know how and have the webos quick install. but when i click on the preware penguin and it tells me " The package Manager Service is not running. Did you rememver to install it? If you did, First try restarting Preware, then try rebooting you phone and not launching preware until you have a stable network connection avaliable."
    I restarted after i installed cause that is what your suppose to do. And it still wont download i have great connection wireless in my home, i try turning it off and using the Sprint network and still the same thing.
    Is anyone having this problem? I need some help!!!!
    Thanks.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    did you restart java (or just reboot)? Services need that to be loaded.
    You don't mention installing the Package Manager Service. Can you confirm that you have done that?
  4.    #4  
    I just rebooted the pre when i was done installing the preware. how do you restart java on the webos quick install?
  5.    #5  
    i did install Package Manager Service. I followed the steps that i read. install Package Manager Service first and then install Preware. then read to restart the pre. and it shoud be good. but it's not working...
    Im having I think the same problem installing this app on my Pre. I followed all the instructions but my pc tells me no device detected. Can I get someone who has time to go through with me step by step how to install this great preogram on my Pre? Thank you so much.
    I'm having the same problem. I have a Pixi, does this not work on the pixi? I have tried installing, un-installing, re-installing multiple times, multiple orders. and it still says that Package Manager Service is not running. It sometimes shows me the icon for Package Manager Service (any one else notice thats PMS? maybe this thing just doesn't work certain weeks outta the month? lol!) and sometimes it disappears when i reset. also, do I have to reset with the keyboard shortcuts? or does power button do the same trick?
    Quote Originally Posted by recon0017 View Post
    I need help. I read on how to install the preware. I know how and have the webos quick install.
    What version of WebOS Quick Install are you using?

"The latest" is not a valid answer ;-)

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    version 2.96, I have done all the steps I even went on YouTube to do it step by step and still get that same problem, please reconnect and no device found. Please help.
    make sure your phone is in developer mode...maybe that could help...hopefully
    I put it on developer mode in the beginning, I have windows vista, could that be the problem?
  12.    #12  
    i'm running version 2.6
    this sucks nothing i do works. only thing i can think of is to do a full reset and wipe the palm clean and start everything over using webdoctor.
    Quote Originally Posted by recon0017 View Post
    i'm running version 2.6
    this sucks nothing i do works. only thing i can think of is to do a full reset and wipe the palm clean and start everything over using webdoctor.
    You need to use version 2.96 or later for webOS 1.3.5

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  14.    #14  
    Thanks rwhitby.... I did re-download WebOS Quick Install version 2.96. and reinstalled the Preware and Finally worked!!!!! good thing i did not wipe my Pre clean slate.
    Again thanks for everyones help.