Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's many threads speculating a date around June/July while others think it will be released around December.
    I don't have a Pre yet and as much as it hurts, am going to wait until Summer, even though my Instinct is terrible...

And now, there's a guy claiming he got the first confirmation from officials about the new phones being released this year...
    What do you guys think?
    I didn't click ur link, but I think it'll be Junish, Julyish too.
    I do not think that it'll be called the Pre 2 though. They've already overexposed the Pre name, imo.
    And Pre means "before" or "prequel". To what, we will see......
    palm c40 july release...
  4.    #4  
    Of course it won't be named Pre2... that would just be stupid :P
    I personally think we will wait until December at the earliest...

Sucks to be me
    Quote Originally Posted by prr View Post
    ....... I personally think we will wait until December at the earliest...
    Why?
    I say August time frame. Why? just throwing a random date out there
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Why?
    June/July seems too soon and if it would hit the stores at June/July, it would just be a little over a year since the Pre's release and even sooner for the Pixi; you also have to remember the Pre and Pixi Plus will be released soon and releasing a new phone 6 or 7 months after recently released phones seem crazy.

Remember the only phone from Apple is the iPhone... for 4 years... and they're doing great!

Therefore, releasing this many different phones over 2 years seems like it would just make competition for Palm itself, people will be confused and they will go instead for an Android or a Blackberry.
    It might be summer time or by end of year, but when ever they release pre 2 it should have some great hardware enhancements(bigger screen & keyboard, more ram, bigger flash drive, better built over all) and WiMax. So lets see if Palm is hearing us and builds something great cause there is something sitting in the Sprint pipeline.
    I think Palm is smart enough to realize that just about everyone with a launch-day Pre will be eligible for a new phone in June, and they may jump ship if there is not an upgrade available, or at least announced, by that time. Yes, there has only been "one" iPhone in the last 2.5 years (it came out in Summer 2007), but every year around the anniversary date, they launch an upgraded model.

The "Plus" models are not what I would consider "new" phones. The Pixi Plus doesn't really add anything. The Pixi was always supposed to have Wi-Fi; Sprint just removed it from their version. The Pre Plus is the same as the Pre, only with better build quality (we'll see if that pans out), extra RAM and storage space, and the removal of the center button.

I for one will be disappointed if there is not a true upgrade (upgraded CPU and/or GPU) available before the end of summer.
    I think Palm would be stupid to release a new Pre alternative any later than June/july. Many of us on sprint will be due for a new phone then, and we'll be itching to pick up the best available phone. Also, like I've said before, Palm has been taking a lot of plays out of the apple playbook, so I'm sure they'll follow apple's lead and release an update every year. At the very least they'll release something like the Pre plus for sprint and will probably work on the build quality some and make the battery life significantly better. Most likely they'll also release it with a major webos 2.0 update as well. Any more than that will be icing on the cake, but I think it really depends on what the apple releases this year. We'll find out next week what apple has in store most likely. If they do a front facing web cam and/or 4g, its very likely palm will have to kick out something like that also.
  11.    #11  
    Hmm, you have a point.
    Of course it won't be named Pre2... that would just be stupid :P
    I personally think we will wait until December at the earliest...

Sucks to be me
    as stupid as pre plus? =p
    what's next? pre double plus, pre squared, pre 360, pre cube?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    I sure hope something comes out by June... I really hope they address the build quality issues and create a nice sturdy device similar to like a Hero or even one of the HTC sliders. I'm letting the Pre slide with its terrible build quality as Palm needed to push something out to stay afloat, however if they pull this again with the next device I am done w/ Palm for good, regardless of how good WebOS is.
    1/2010-3/2010: Pre Plus & Pixi Plus (Verizon)
    3/2010-6/2010: Pre Plus & Pixi Plus (AT&T and Sprint)

6/2010: "Pre2"
    10/2010: "Pixi2"
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    June/July seems too soon and if it would hit the stores at June/July, it would just be a little over a year since the Pre's release and even sooner for the Pixi; you also have to remember the Pre and Pixi Plus will be released soon and releasing a new phone 6 or 7 months after recently released phones seem crazy.

Remember the only phone from Apple is the iPhone... for 4 years... and they're doing great!

Therefore, releasing this many different phones over 2 years seems like it would just make competition for Palm itself, people will be confused and they will go instead for an Android or a Blackberry.
    You make it seem that Palm releases phones whenever they want to, which might be their strategy, but fail to recognize their competitors. Yeah, the Pre Plus will be 6 months old, but it is essentially the same Pre we saw in January 2009, and a lot of consumers would agree. When we have phones coming out with 1ghz Snapdragon processors, or with 480x800 (or 720x1280 on the first Windows Mobile 7 phones), or upwards of 1GB of RAM, Palm will need to make a move. They can't sit idly and expect to stretch outdated hardware out just because it is convenient for them.
    No "Insider" Information... Third Quarter 2010.
    Not soon enough.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  18.    #18  
    Am still going for December as the earliest. I just think it will be released on January.
  19. sko
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    I'm gonna say... no.

the pre plus and pixi plus were released 7 months and 2 months after their counterparts respectively....why not anotheir phone? gotta keep the line fresh. and palm needs to get ppl to see WEBOS not so much just the PRE
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast