1.    #1  
    IM+ for Skype
    For Palm WebOS

IM+ for Skype :: Palm WebOS :: Products

i cant understand from website if this is allready available for the pre. does anyone here use it?
    seems they have been working on it for a while, maybe its real already?

somebody try it?
    i tried. its one of those "call back" stuff rather than VoIP.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    seems they have been working on it for a while, maybe its real already?

somebody try it?
    haven't tried it but if you follow the links you can download for $1.99 a month or $9.99 forever....I just don't see the benefit myself but I don't Skype on my 'puter at home, either.
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

That's really strange. I'm pretty sure apps don't have access to the Microphone in the SDK yet. There's no way for this to even work................
    =D Who wants to go and be the first to bite the bullet?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    For now you navigate to s4palm.com on your WebOS phone browser and sign in. You get a 10 day free trial. Very much a beta and buggy also.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    i tried. its one of those "call back" stuff rather than VoIP.
    does the messanger on it work well?
    I thought the only think that work with Skype was the messenger part. But I could be wrong. Maybe it will after the Feb update.
    there is no skype app.....

that web based one seems useless as you have to pay (out of skype account) to use it, skype is free (generally speaking)
    I hope there will eventually be a real Skype app, like the one I have on my iPod touch. My husband and I were able to talk for free while he was out of the country, thanks to the Touch and MiFi, and I didn't have to be tied to a computer the whole time.
    Quote Originally Posted by skafri View Post
    I hope there will eventually be a real Skype app, like the one I have on my iPod touch. My husband and I were able to talk for free while he was out of the country, thanks to the Touch and MiFi, and I didn't have to be tied to a computer the whole time.
    Skype is 100% important for anyone traveling outside the country. Imperative.

Is there even an IM like Trillian or JiveTalk for the iPhone/Blackberry? That gets you to the IM portion done. But the voice is critical... it's a wonderful thing to call Europe while in the US and not pay a dollar a minute or whatever it is stock usage on Verizon.
    +1 for needing Skype on Pre.
    The iPhone implementation kinda sucks due to lack of true multi-tasking.
    The pre is the perfect platform for Skype... I could totally survive with just my phone when travelling... not laptops, external HD's, power supplies... ah, Nirvana!

russ
    Apparently this happened Jan 27 (same day as the iPad launch).
    It's time for some consumer action to get Skype authoring for WebOS, and for the other pieces (Palm SDKs, Sprint/Verizon imposed limitations) to get out the way of these tools becoming the ubiquitous tools they really should be!

OK, so where is the Bastille who'se gates we need to charge... and who is the landlord?!

russ

p.s. It has never failed to amaze me how consumers in the US will bend over and take it from service providers... if we ARE the market, shouldn't WE be saying what services are and are not delivered?
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I just started the 10 day trial yesterday, this is just another one of those "call back" thing that will use your Skype credit if you don't have unlimited plan. I was actually more interested in the messenger part, but was hugely disappointed. I used the messenger all night tonight and not a single incoming/outgoing message was shown on my Pre while my Nokia N810, OSX, Windows 7 client all received the messages simultaneously with no issues.

So I can say so far every product from this company is absolute garbage. Good ambition, but garbage.