1.    #1  
    $179.11 in parts, $8.64 to manufacture.

Embedded.com - Teardown: Moto Droid emulates other iPhone killers

Interesting info into what the pieces on these cost and where the highest costs are. I'd like to see the same info for a Pre (which I own and am very happy with).

Dave
    $138

I read it somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    $138

I read it somewhere.
    I think you're about right. I remember reading this back in June/July I think...
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    that's why is resales soo low, you can grab a pre off of ebay for less than $200 without a contract. I feel like the pre needs more glass and metal
    Quote Originally Posted by rashad1 View Post
    that's why is resales soo low, you can grab a pre off of ebay for less than $200 without a contract. I feel like the pre needs more glass and metal
    i didn't see any of that, you have a link?
    I think the key to this discussion at this point is, phones aren't just hardware. What it costs to make a phone also must now take into account the intagible os development (and continued development).

ohh and btw resale value of the pre has nothing to do with manufacturing cost. rretail cost and supply and demand effect resale prices. Since the pre has been available for good prices lately combined with the recent easy out option of sprint plans, then add to the fact you are quoting ebay prices.... All of those factors have absolutely nothing to do with mfg costs. The only way mfg costs would reflect resale/e ay would be if you got into 3rd party mfg.
    good, so after 6 months in the market, you got a refurbished for $150, after 7 months, there is a used Pre sold on ebay for $203

lets wait for 4 months and check back see how much a refurbished Droid on ebay will go for, and check back in 5 months and see how much a used Droid will go for.

PS. currently a used Droid listed on ebay at 295.