Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    that would be great.
    Ditto
    Quote Originally Posted by aznicktwit View Post
    About this DrPodder program...I've had my phone almost since inception without going the homebrew route, but would VERY much so like a program to download my podcasts directly to my phone without hooking it up to my pc. That said, does each WebOS update they release break these homebrew apps? Secondly, does this DrPodder work with any podcast subscription?
    Homebrew apps that use undocumentd APIs , as noted, sometimes require updating post webOS revision. However those are few and far between now. drPodder has never broken as niether with the majority of all homebrew apps(with the exception of 1.3.5.0 that moved the apps to the USB partition, required a Migration tool).

Podcasts (even those in iTunes) use standard xml RSS feed (the basis of the pocasting concept) and you can include them and have them downloaded/updated to your Pre via drPodder. Just look for the "Subsribe via RSS" link at the podcast. The Subscribe link will open a wepage on your Pre with some 'mubujumbo' looking code. All you need to do is copy the url from the address bar of that web page and paste it into drPodder's "Enter Feed" (the + icon at the bottom).
    You have several options each has their strengths and weaknesses. Drpodder is considered teh best by many. Stitcher does sound great with just 3G (it is a low bit rate high fidelity remix of the podcasts) but doesn't allow fast-forwarding. Mediafly allows you to stream or download similar to Dr. Podder but its a toss up between Dr.Podder and mediafly's interface. Mediafly allows you several categories for podcasts with dr.podder everything is upfront which I like.

Radiotime is great because it is a one app stop for both live radio and podcasts.

Dr. Podder
    Mediafly
    Stitcher
    Radiotime

Edit: As pointed out by Clevin, mediafly only does streaming so DR.Podder is by far most feature rich app.
    Last edited by sapient2k7; 02/02/2010 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    Mediafly allows you to stream or download
    is that right? I didn't see it can download?
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    is that right? I didn't see it can download?
    I apologize, mediafly only does streaming. I just verified.
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I apologize, mediafly only does streaming. I just verified.
    drPodder allow either
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12