Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    YO What's crackin guys. I have an interesting story and thought I'd share it to everyone. Last night my girlfriend flew in from San Diego to San Jose to come and visit me and while she was at the airport, she was sitting next to a guy who had a palm pre. She told him that I had a pre. He was happy and said that he helped co-create the pre.

Throughout their conversation, she called me and we all went back and forth about the pre. A few highlights from the conversation was that he told her about the palm pre and pixi plus on verizon (which we all know), and the pre and pixi will be coming to at&t. Sorry t-mobile fans, he said it's not making it's way there.

An interesting highlight was that my girlfriend told the guy that she thought the keyboard was a bit small. He had a smirk to his face and told her, "I'm not suppose to tell you this, but our new phone will have a bigger screen and bigger keyboard. Also, we plan on launching it by the end of the year." Could he be referring to the C40 or 120?? Really exciting news. I wonder if palm will stick with Sprint for all their new devices. Imma have to think twice about switching to verizon.
    I would definitely hope for a new device before the end of the year Interesting story though thanks for sharing.
    The 120 was the Pixi, so it would have to be the C40 or some other model.
    Sprint Palm Pre - WebOS 2.1 > Sprint HTC Arrive
    Quote Originally Posted by JERAVICIOUS View Post
    YO What's crackin guys. I have an interesting story and thought I'd share it to everyone. Last night my girlfriend flew in from San Diego to San Jose to come and visit me and while she was at the airport, she was sitting next to a guy who had a palm pre. She told him that I had a pre. He was happy and said that he helped co-create the pre.

Throughout their conversation, she called me and we all went back and forth about the pre. A few highlights from the conversation was that he told her about the palm pre and pixi plus on verizon (which we all know), and the pre and pixi will be coming to at&t. Sorry t-mobile fans, he said it's not making it's way there.

An interesting highlight was that my girlfriend told the guy that she thought the keyboard was a bit small. He had a smirk to his face and told her, "I'm not suppose to tell you this, but our new phone will have a bigger screen and bigger keyboard. Also, we plan on launching it by the end of the year." Could he be referring to the C40 or 120?? Really exciting news. I wonder if palm will stick with Sprint for all their new devices. Imma have to think twice about switching to verizon.
    Maybe it was just some Joe Schmo trying to impress her. You know how it is. You wouldn't believe the stories I used to make up to 'dazzle the ladies'.
    Are you sure this guy wasn't just blowing smoke to hit on your girlfriend? :P
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I think we need to see a pic of your GF to decide whether this guy is legit or not.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    wow that the pick up line being used now lol
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
  8.    #8  
    Well a rule of thumb is to take things with a grain of salt. If he was trying to hit on my girlfriend I would hit him back as he was coming down the escalator. Hah!! He did mention little things about the complications of creating a slider phone, why the battery sucked, and other things. Nonetheless, interesting news and hopefully it's not b.s.
    Quote Originally Posted by corpx View Post
    I think we need to see a pic of your GF to decide whether this guy is legit or not.
    +1 on the pic.
    Yet it is a good story that has some common thoughts.
    well, i sure hope for higher resolution.

Im not sure about a even bigger phone tho. If palm want to introduce a UMPC running WebOS, that would be a different case.

Thanks for sharing anyway.
    brb. im throwing on a suit and grabbing my phone and heading to the airport.

who knew?
    Did he say anything about 4g?
    Well lets hope he not BS'ing, did she catch his name?
    I always said Pre needs bigger screen and keybaord, hope it will have snapDragon with 32-64gigs flash drive and WiMax. We can always hope cant we.
    Should have asked for a name. I've seen people spin taller tales than this, sadly.
  15.    #15  
    Your welcome. I'm glad to share. I too hope it's not b.s. Sorry guys I will not post a pic of my gf for you but get dolled up when you go the airport. Hah, jk.

I forgot to ask her about his name. But bigger screen and resolution would be nice. I'd like to see an oled screen on it; similar to the zune screen (i think that's what they use).
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Maybe it was just some Joe Schmo trying to impress her. You know how it is. You wouldn't believe the stories I used to make up to 'dazzle the ladies'.
    You mean this guy?
  17.    #17  
    No he did not mention anything about 4g.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    brb. Im throwing on a suit and grabbing my phone and heading to the airport.

Who knew?
    lol lol lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    brb. im throwing on a suit and grabbing my phone and heading to the airport.

who knew?
    HEY! don't forget your GF and camera in the phone....
    OH I forget to say. Dude! This is turning into a guy thread and you may think the hammering has started...I feel bad for what may happen.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast