1.    #1  
    interesting read. It's an editorial, but the fact that WebOS innovations are being so highly praised was interesting to me.

Editorial: 10 outdated elements of desktop operating systems -- Engadget
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    +1
    I'm glad Engadget are fighting for WebOS. Here in the UK everyone is in love with Android, but WebOS is a much more elegant and productive OS. We're relying on you US citizens to push Palm forward from here, because Palm in the UK is something of a flop.
    +1
    WebOS as a desktop OS would kick all kinds of ***. Unfortunately, I can't see Palm going in that direction, especially after botching the Foleo experiment (which would have predated the rise of the netbook and put Palm in the driver's seat in that market, theoretically).

Sigh.. If only I owned Palm and had tons of money to invest..
    I want to convert a netbook or a tablet with a touch screen to webos. I wish there was some way to do it!
    The other day I walked into my office to try and quickly find some info via my PC, which was turned on waiting for my input. I was going to search on Google

I reached over to the screen and was about to drag my finger on the screen to launch my browser ...

I thought to myself, hello ...
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    4. Power management, graphical hardware management

Webos really needs this. The more it can do, the more power it consumes. Make people more aware of the battery impact so they can use their phone more efficiently and not complain about battery life so much.
    I think this might be where Palm is eventually headed. Maybe a second shot at a folio-like device? But I think this time (who knows how far into the future) they will get it right, especially with the low cost manufacturing available b/c of all those great netbooks out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I'm glad Engadget are fighting for WebOS. Here in the UK everyone is in love with Android, but WebOS is a much more elegant and productive OS. We're relying on you US citizens to push Palm forward from here, because Palm in the UK is something of a flop.
    Same for Portugal. I think it is like this all over Europe.

We urgently need a Palm in a major carrier like vodafone and a new form factor like the iphone but with 3.5 - 4 inches screen. That would sell like sh** in EU.
    I heard David Pogue (NY Times) also gave a favorable review of WebOS recently. I hope WebOS takes off this year.
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Funny, I'm always holding shift as I hit backspace on my computer thinking it will delete the previous word.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerkang View Post
    I heard David Pogue (NY Times) also gave a favorable review of WebOS recently. I hope WebOS takes off this year.
    IMO, WebOS is pontentialy the future of smartphone OS.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Hey guys... what is the app in the Engadget pic with the yellow balloon?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    I agree a netbook would be fantastic running webos... however the slim amount of actual APPLICATIONS of webos would be a limitation i believe. I do like however in windows 7, somewhat in vista you can go straight to your 'start' button and type a word that may be in a document or whatever and you get a generated list essentially serving as a 'universal search' so were getting there, albeit slowly.
    it would be like super alt+tab plus spaces combined !!!
    id love to have webos' cards and gestures on a touch screen netbook or tablet.

I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to put webos on a netbook yet.