Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    the NEW ... Hairy Palm Pre (the keys come pre-stuck). Wait, What?? sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    That is interesting, because the apps are still hosted on palm's servers. I think the question would still remain, would Palm allow such an app on their servers.

On an unrelated note, if they would allow for explicit material, you could see some really interesting games and such be brought to the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Palm would not allow themselves to be seen distributing ****ography. Their business model is very similar to Apple in a lot of ways (albeit slightly more open).
    if palm doesn't review an app, I dont see how they can block it.

someone make one a try get a web distribution link from palm.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    if palm doesn't review an app, I dont see how they can block it.

someone make one a try get a web distribution link from palm.
    True, but someone could still complain.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    am i the only one laughing my **** off about the fact that the company's name is palm in this specific instance?
    roflcopter

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    the NEW ... Hairy Palm Pre (the keys come pre-stuck). Wait, What?? sorry.
    LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    True, but someone could still complain.
    well, palm takes no responsibility in this and they should not take action on any complaints regarding web distributed apps. Maybe except security related problems. even that....

well, thats how I read palm's policy and thats what I expect. Palm so far has been behaving very honest and I can hardly see that change for the worse.
  7.    #27  
    Good point.

I don't know all the details, but Palm has the new app release system that they announced a few months back that will allow developers to create apps for WebOS and submit to Palm to be released on their alternate App Catalog. For these, Palm will accept the app and provide a link that the developer can use to distribute. I believe there will not be an approval process since Palm is only supplying the download link. Not sure how they're handling the potential for malicious codes though.

You can find some of these apps in the AppScoop program or Appetite¬*¬*|¬*¬*Stuff Your Palm.

Edit: Looks like others stated this while I was typing my message.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    no need for an app. search the site i think we already had a fav spank site thread

could we get a spank app on the beta catalog or preware?
    Last edited by KJ78; 01/21/2010 at 05:36 PM.
    I sure hope that palm would accept it.
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Note that such apps specifically state on their install screen that they're not reviewed by Palm. So, I'd guess that Palm will remove anything that breaks the law, e.g., is "obscene," incites violence, commits a hate crime, etc., but nothing else.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Android's model is very similar to Palm's web Distro model. Does anyone know if Android Market allows it?
  13.    #33  
    Well...I think we got our answer today. There is now an app in the catalog called TipAndStrip.Me, where you strip down models.

Way to be open Palm!

there should be one called PreSpank
    Someone do this. Test the web catalog asap.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    seriously? there's not enough to be found on the internet without the need for an app?

do you guys want this for those long bus rides?
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Am I the only one laughing my **** off about the fact that the company's name is PALM in this specific instance?
    Better stop with the Homebrewing or your Palms will get hairy.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Hilarious thread.
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Truth is adult content is for just that, adults. Since there is no way to police who is viewing, most companies won't associate with distributing it. On a side note, the only people who want to see this stuff on a 3 inch screen are kids, they are the only ones with vision good enough to enjoy it.
    There's an app for that... MM text messaging (sexting).

Have to agree with edlex about the target market for viewing adult content on a 3" screen, and every time I see the web capable smart phones on any carrier advertised as BYGO Free, or some variation of that, it immediately brings to mind Junior nagging the parents for that new phone to help him with his schoolwork (while actually thinking how much easier it would be to post and share the pics/vids of their ex-girlfriend or latest conquest) directly from their phone.

Hate to say it, but I attribute the technology growth of phones directly to gaming and entertainment (adult or otherwise) as people follow the money. IMO Business users (as a group) tend to be much more conservative and slower to adopt new technology.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast