Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1.    #1  
    I really want to get a Pre. Ever sice I saw it I just fell in love with it. I've played with my friends, and its amazing.

    But..one problem..

    I dont have a data plan.

    I can get a pre, but activating is the issue. I heard I wont be able to activate it. I have a Messaging Plan 1500 minutes, with 3 lines on it. My line, the one that also has a data PACK, is the one I want the pre on. I have a data pack so I go on the internet. But apparently I need a whole data PLAN or everything.

    Anyway I heard there are ways to get it on plans that dont have data, something about cloning an Meid I think? My questions are, whats the easiest way, whats the safest way, and what way works best.

    I cant stand not having a pre, and I really, really, want one... I just cant change my plan.

    If its been posted before, sorry. I tried searching but it boosts me to a blank white page for soem reasson.

    EDIT: I am on SPRINT
    Last edited by HanMan5000; 01/21/2010 at 04:38 PM.
  2. #2  
    Are you looking to go on Sprint/Bell/Verizon?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Are you looking to go on Sprint/Bell/Verizon?
    Yes, I am on sprint. Sorry forgot that important thing.
  4.    #4  
    I am currently using the LG Rumor 2 if it matters..
  5. thesmj's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    #5  
    Why can't you just change your plan?
  6. kaicho's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #6  
    I had to get the 450 Everything Plan to activate the Pre.

    Since I always have WIFI at home and work; and prefer to use my computer, I have no need for Data on my phone. I wondered if I can drop the data product. I've used my Treos dataless for seven years.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    I really want to get a Pre. Ever sice I saw it I just fell in love with it. I've played with my friends, and its amazing.

    But..one problem..

    I dont have a data plan.

    I can get a pre, but activating is the issue. I heard I wont be able to activate it. I have a Messaging Plan 1500 minutes, with 3 lines on it. My line, the one that also has a data PACK, is the one I want the pre on. I have a data pack so I go on the internet. But apparently I need a whole data PLAN or everything.

    Anyway I heard there are ways to get it on plans that dont have data, something about cloning an Meid I think? My questions are, whats the easiest way, whats the safest way, and what way works best.

    I cant stand not having a pre, and I really, really, want one... I just cant change my plan.

    If its been posted before, sorry. I tried searching but it boosts me to a blank white page for soem reasson.

    EDIT: I am on SPRINT
    do an eChat with Sprint but the Data Pack I believe is the same. You have texting included with that pack?...right?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    do an eChat with Sprint but the Data Pack I believe is the same. You have texting included with that pack?...right?
    Yes I do. The chat said I need a plan, not just a pack. But once on the phonee a guy said the pack works...
  9.    #9  
    If I get a new plan, my dad, who pays for my phone bill, wont pay my bill anymore. + I'm in a family plan so I cant. After doing the math, Changing to a data plan would be just too much. I already looked at all the plans, none of them worked for me, not even a combination.

    I just need a way or a guide on how to clone MEID or something and what it does exactly so my Pre works on my current plan. Any ideas guys?
  10. echto's Avatar
    Posts
    111 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts
    #10  
    Yeah, get a job and get your own plan.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by HanMan5000 View Post
    If I get a new plan, my dad, who pays for my phone bill, wont pay my bill anymore. + I'm in a family plan so I cant. After doing the math, Changing to a data plan would be just too much. I already looked at all the plans, none of them worked for me, not even a combination.

    I just need a way or a guide on how to clone MEID or something and what it does exactly so my Pre works on my current plan. Any ideas guys?
    Go to howardforums . com You'll find all things nefarious over there. Bainow runalong.

Posting Permissions