1.    #1  
    Whenever a new email comes in, all I can do from the notification area is to either dismiss it or tap on it so the email app opens and I get to read the whole thing. I have 5 email accounts, and quite a few times I just get spam that I want to get rid of as quickly as possible. Wouldn't it be nice if Palm would give us the ability to swipe to the right which would then ask us to either mark the email as read, or to delete it right away? Because if I swipe the thing off, and then go to read my important email, I still have to go through the tedious process of looking at all the emails that aren't important, but that I still want to read later, just to reset all my email accounts to "all emails read".

This should be fairly simple, right? Also, from within the email app, there has to be a way to highlight a bunch of emails by maybe placing a check mark ina a check box and being able to either delete them all at once or mark them as read at once.
    You would think notification nags would be simple too.
    You see where that went.
    Nice idea though.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 01/21/2010 at 05:06 PM.
    I like your idea Nothing should swipe away without a confirmation or a choice of actions. This is the sort of incremental update that I'd like to see bundled into the next firmware.

(PS. I'm sure you already know this but there's actually 3 actions you can do - swipe, click direct to the email, or click the icon to go to the inbox.)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    I like your idea Nothing should swipe away without a confirmation or a choice of actions. This is the sort of incremental update that I'd like to see bundled into the next firmware.

(PS. I'm sure you already know this but there's actually 3 actions you can do - swipe, click direct to the email, or click the icon to go to the inbox.)
    Oh...I didn't know the inbox part! Thanks!

I guess a third option they could give us when swiping would be to simply "dismiss".
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Oh...I didn't know the inbox part! Thanks!

I guess a third option they could give us when swiping would be to simply "dismiss".
    If you click the icon in the notification it will take you to the app. Works like this with tasks too.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Glad to help The same is true for the Messaging app notification (icon goes to inbox) and the Alarms notification (icon goes to alarm list instead of alarm details). I'm sure there are other instances of this behaviour too but I can't think of any
    If you are comfortable installing patches, there is a patch available that gives you the option to delete directly from the notification bar.
    There's actually a patch for that! I just don't know if OP is into that kind of thing.