Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    i got the touchstone for christmas and it has been working great until recently when i charge it over night the battery will get to 100% and it will ding multiple times (as if someone unplugs it and plugs it back in repediatly) then it will completely stop charging and when I wake up it is at 40%.

2nd problem: notifications for my yahoo e-mail and twitter don't come up anymore, but texts do. The e-mail i have set to get it every hour and the twitter it is set on notifications. The e-mail now i have to manually go into the inbox and hit the refresh icon that is the only way my e-mails come through.

If anyone can please help it would be greatly appreciated.
    I have a very similar charging problem. ii wake up and I have around 35% battery andthe screen is black like it's not recognizing it's on the touchstone. The only way for me to get it charging again is a reboot. So far I haven't found a solution and no one has any ideas here on precentral.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosMarine03 View Post
    I have a very similar charging problem. ii wake up and I have around 35% battery andthe screen is black like it's not recognizing it's on the touchstone. The only way for me to get it charging again is a reboot. So far I haven't found a solution and no one has any ideas here on precentral.
    yeah i too wake up and it is completely black and doesn't recognize it. a regular power turn off will not work for mine i have to press "orange", "sym", "r" to reset mine
    You've got a defective touchstone. Call Palm or return it to the place of purchase if they have a decent return policy. It's a very common problem. I'm on touchstone number 3 (so far so good with the third one). There is a patch in the Homebrew section that will turn off the full battery/charging notification, but you should try and replace the touchstone (and back cover) first. Good luck!

You could also do a search for "defective touchstone" on this forum for some additional information...
    I have had the same problem, but touchstone has worked flawlessly for over 5 months. I also noticed upon waking up and the battery draining, that the cell signal was at 0 too... so I got no SMS pages or phone calls during the night. this is not good when your on standby for work and must get messages! yesterday my battery was draining at about twice the normal speed and apps were unusally slow to respond; tried standard reset 2 times yesterday before placing on the TS last night.

The problems only cropped up recently after upgrading to webos 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1; suspect it is a patch or tweek conflict, so backing up palmdatabase.db3 file and /usb drive and reloading WebOS from scratch.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    I have had the same problem, but touchstone has worked flawlessly for over 5 months. I also noticed upon waking up and the battery draining, that the cell signal was at 0 too... so I got no SMS pages or phone calls during the night. this is not good when your on standby for work and must get messages! yesterday my battery was draining at about twice the normal speed and apps were unusally slow to respond; tried standard reset 2 times yesterday before placing on the TS last night.

The problems only cropped up recently after upgrading to webos 1.3.5 and 1.3.5.1; suspect it is a patch or tweek conflict, so backing up palmdatabase.db3 file and /usb drive and reloading WebOS from scratch.
    I have the repeat notification error (but not the weird draining issue), am on my fourth TS, fifth phone -- all replaced because of this issue -- (this one is brand new, warranty date 12/22/09) and have tried it with no patches. It still happens. Since it started for me with 1.3.5, I think it's a problem in the update, not with patches or, in this particular case, with the TS. Interested to see what happens with 1.4.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    spent all day yesterday working on this problem; finally ran WedOS doctor and reloaded 1.3.5.1 from scratch; charging problem and battery drain problem are gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by fhelvie View Post
    spent all day yesterday working on this problem; finally ran WedOS doctor and reloaded 1.3.5.1 from scratch; charging problem and battery drain problem are gone.
    Glad that worked for you. It didn't work for me, even with a brand new phone that came preloaded with 1.3.1 and had never been turned on till I turned it on.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"