Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Does anyone know what would happen if you tried to install more than one theme at once? I hate having to go through the whole exercise of removing, rebooting, etc. when testing new ones.

Thanks
    Well, I did it once accidentally, and it worked. The new theme got installed. But removing both themes resulted in the complete loss of the default theme. Gone. What I think happens is that the new theme copies the existing element to a backup. When you remove that theme, it simply restores from that backup.

So when you only have 1 theme installed, removing it restores the original theme. But if you install a 2nd theme over the first theme, you overwrite the original theme backed up with the 1st theme, causing you to lose the original theme.

I had to Dr the phone in order to get the original back. After that I've sworn off of themes.
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Well, I did it once accidentally, and it worked. The new theme got installed. But removing both themes resulted in the complete loss of the default theme. Gone. What I think happens is that the new theme copies the existing element to a backup. When you remove that theme, it simply restores from that backup.

So when you only have 1 theme installed, removing it restores the original theme. But if you install a 2nd theme over the first theme, you overwrite the original theme backed up with the 1st theme, causing you to lose the original theme.

I had to Dr the phone in order to get the original back. After that I've sworn off of themes.
    yup tried it once as well with black launcher theme. Theb install another one and it just installed over. Then removed and it went back to black them. Removed black them and launcher stayed black. Had to doctor.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    interesting ... just curious to know, when you lose the original theme, what does everything look like? Is that even possible?
    Quote Originally Posted by csal80 View Post
    interesting ... just curious to know, when you lose the original theme, what does everything look like? Is that even possible?
    It'll look like whatever the last theme you used. Some of the icons might stay the same. You will lose your original theme and most likely would have to DR your phone.
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    by original theme do you mean the one that came stock on the phone? does this just mean everything will be black? no boot icon, lock icon, etc?