Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So last night I noticed that the touchscreen wasnt working, I was freaking out and then I plugged the charger into the phone and it started working again, I removed it, and stopped working, and plugged it back in, and started working again! (i had to move the plug around a bit for it to register).

Has this happened to anyone? Sounds like a hardware issue and I hope this doesnt lead me to have to exchange the phone.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I'm having the same issue. I don't think its the charger though. Every so often, my Pre just freezes and only comes back to life when i plug & then unplug the charger.
    Is there a crack near the USB port. (I'm hoping that the USB crack can eventually lead to such a failure.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Sorry...mine doesn't have a crack at the USB port.
    Same thing happened a few times to me.

Now the screen is totally dead all the time.

Not happy I can assure you.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfharris3 View Post
    Sorry...mine doesn't have a crack at the USB port.
    I would be interested in hearing whether diyeiogt's phone has a USB crack or not. (I had a recent discussion with a new user who had a first Pre with bad oreo. Sprint sent her a refurb with the exact same problem that diyeiogt described, with the exact same workaround.) If we can make a correlation (one way or the other) we might gain some knowledge about the cause of diyeiogt's current problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas Rutten View Post
    Same thing happened a few times to me.

Now the screen is totally dead all the time.

Not happy I can assure you.
    Does plugging in the charger bring the screen back to a functional state? If so, does you Pre have a small crack extending from the lower corner of the USB port opening upward towards (or into) the display screen? thanks
    No crack near my UDB port either....

NOW, suddenly...

Touch screen is working again, she's alive!!!
    This is the beginning of the end for your touchscreen. Get your pre replaced asap. The usb thing will help long enough to save all of your pics and such, but that will fail soon as well. This is pretty well documented in older threads.
    I too experienced the same problem. I actually had another issue and took my phone up to sprint for a replacement and the next two phones i recieved from them had the same touchscreen problems that you are talking about.

I could get mine to work when I had the charger plugged in, but once I pulled it out the touchscreen stopped working. Also with the charger not plugged in I could get it to work if I open and closed the slider enough times (sometimes pretty hard), however if I closed the slider hard again it would stop responding. A pain in the **** for sure.

Just take it up to sprint and they should replace it on the spot or order you one.

My only warning is that after I webOS doctored my phone it still came back with 5 launcher pages. The sprint guy doctored my phone and it still came back with 5 launcher pages. He said that because it wasn't at the factory defaults they couldn't do anything for me and that I would have to file an insurance claim.

After a long night of troubleshooting I finally figured out what was happening. Palm profile was actually saving how many pages that i had been using. I had to remove the pages down to the default 3. After that i had to backup my phone. Then when I went to doctor it again and it loaded my profile it came back with 3 pages. I took it back up to sprint and they swapped me out in store. My new one has been flawless so far.

GOOD LUCK
    Quote Originally Posted by wingerdinger View Post

Just take it up to sprint and they should replace it on the spot or order you one.
    GOOD LUCK
    HAHA, I WISH I could do that.

I'm in Australia and I bought it online via expansys.com.au, I think I need to post it to Hong Kong or something, oh ****e...............
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I'm getting the opposite issue. When my phone is plugged into the USB the touchscreen stops working. When I unplug it, it works fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by veelo2 View Post
    I'm getting the opposite issue. When my phone is plugged into the USB the touchscreen stops working. When I unplug it, it works fine.
    Mine might have worked after unplugging previously too, so could be the same problem.
    I am now also experiencing this problem, on O2 in the UK so don't know how well the repairs will go.
    Disappointing.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Damn it! Just happened to mine. UK launch day Pre Grrr
    same thing happen to my first pre I returned it now I have a better working pre
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Just doctored it and it seems to be ok. Not sure what to do now.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    And then it didn't work. Taking it back to O2 tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Damn, now I'm ready to take it back, it's working again
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    Mine started to mess up on me today, I'm thinking about taking it back if it continues. I had to soft reset the phone and it started working but then it started to mess up again. I thought I had found somewhere to calibrate the screen but I can't find it now and don't remember where I found it. This is the first problem I've had with the phone. I have a stock Pre.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast