Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well... now that Apple has made notice that they will be holding their big event on Jan 27th saying " “Come see our latest creation.”, would/could this be the time we see the Flash Beta released for the WebOS platform?

The event will probably be showing off some type of new tablet for Apple, but they are pushing for a new upgrade to the iPhone at some near-future point - so who knows. I, for one, will be keeping my fingers crossed for Palm to use this timing to bring out a little 'surprise' for everyone!

Thoughts? Flames? Rambling commentary?
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Would make sense, logically speaking, but who really knows.... Chuck Norris, that's who.
    That would be nice....gotta have something to counter what everyones favorite fruit company has to offer.
    +1

Follow Me On Twitter
    http://twitter.com/Joescan
    a Flash announcement wouldnt be a blip on the mass market radar compared to a new tablet or phone announcement from Apple.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    a Flash announcement wouldnt be a blip on the mass market radar compared to a new tablet or phone announcement from Apple.
    True, but I like Palm's "blips"
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Nice to see Miss Cleo is still giving people information about the future.
    Well maybe Sprint and Verizon will roll out Tv ads that day showing the Pre doing flash? That would be the only way anyone would notice.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well maybe Sprint and Verizon will roll out Tv ads that day showing the Pre doing flash? That would be the only way anyone would notice.
    Or they can use the device the Riddler used in Batman Forever
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Nice to see Miss Cleo is still giving people information about the future.
    it's ok for the OP to make speculations but i cant?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    well, if they advertise the use of Farmville, then plenty of middle aged women will be interested.
    That would be nice, indeed. From the video previews I've seen showcasing Flash on the Pre, it looks to be pretty well baked. I wonder what they haven't finished with it.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    I just asked the most reliable source I know....my Manic 8 ball app on my pre, and on the third try to get the answer I want, it finally said "yes, yes, yes!"

So...there you have it!
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    That would be nice, indeed. From the video previews I've seen showcasing Flash on the Pre, it looks to be pretty well baked. I wonder what they haven't finished with it.
    Truth is demo's are one thing but mass releasing it into the wild can be produce very different results. Especially with all the patched, tweaked, and jacked phones out there. I bet once 1.4 is officially out you will see quite a few flash updates to fix the unforseen issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by edlex View Post
    Truth is demo's are one thing but mass releasing it into the wild can be produce very different results. Especially with all the patched, tweaked, and jacked phones out there. I bet once 1.4 is officially out you will see quite a few flash updates to fix the unforseen issues.
    There better be issues....if there weren't any, we wouldn't have anything to complain about....and no fix to look forward to!
    Palm has discovered that Flash 10.1 requires too much memory, and so will only run on the Pre Plus. It will therefore be available in the App Catalog only for the the Pre Plus, on Monday.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Palm has discovered that Flash 10.1 requires too much memory, and so will only run on the Pre Plus. It will therefore be available in the App Catalog only for the the Pre Plus, on Monday.
    Hahaha! That would be a kick in the head, wouldn't it?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    How about a link to your info... I've never seen Palm say this and all of their info has said it will be available with 1.4 to all phones.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Hahaha! That would be a kick in the head, wouldn't it?
    Dang... can you imagine how the forum would light up with screaming posts if that happened??
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    How about a link to your info... I've never seen Palm say this and all of their info has said it will be available with 1.4 to all phones.
    Hey Newman, I've got some beachfront property in Wyoming to sell you.

Of course, he was joking. Since we've seen it running on a standard Pre, why would you take him seriously?
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast