Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Palm has discovered that Flash 10.1 requires too much memory, and so will only run on the Pre Plus. It will therefore be available in the App Catalog only for the the Pre Plus, on Monday.
    Can you imagine the cry babies on here if that turned out to be true?
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    Hey Newman, I've got some beachfront property in Wyoming to sell you.

Of course, he was joking. Since we've seen it running on a standard Pre, why would you take him seriously?
    I kinda caught that after the fact, but let my post ride. I'm at work and the brain's a little slow today
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I kinda caught that after the fact, but let my post ride. I'm at work and the brain's a little slow today
    Sorry, just feeling a little ornery today.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Sorry, just feeling a little ornery today.
    haha... no problem.. I deserved that one!
    This would actually seem like something Palm would do. It isn't so much that the flash 10 beta would compare to the media frenzy that would be seen by the iSlate or iPhone OS 4.0, but it would be the free advertising of people comparing the iPhone to the Pre, the the bloggers noting that the Pre can do flash, but that the iPhone can't.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    If that happened Sprint would need to install a giant umbrella over Sunnyvale to protect them from the millions of Pre's users are going to be furiously raining in their general direction
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    This would actually seem like something Palm would do. It isn't so much that the flash 10 beta would compare to the media frenzy that would be seen by the iSlate or iPhone OS 4.0, but it would be the free advertising of people comparing the iPhone to the Pre, the the bloggers noting that the Pre can do flash, but that the iPhone can't.
    I hope you're right because I think the latest webOS update is already starting to get a bit long in the tooth, games or not
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think Steve Jobs somehow found out that Flash was coming for the Pre and decided to go ahead and launch the Apple tablet the next day to steal Palm's thunder.
    By George, I think you've got it!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Here's my thought: Palm can't do anything to diminish the splash of an announcement from Apple. Apple is too entrenched in the mind of consumers nowadays.

Palm could announce a new Pre with Flash, 1g RAM, 64g memory, holographic projection, 12 hour battery life while browsing, with the same form factor as the original, all for $99. But Apple could announce the same day that they're changing their Home button to a rectangle shape and they'd end up getting all the fawning press coverage and people camping out for 12 days to get the iPhone with the new Home button.

In my humble opinion, Palm just needs to keep making a good, solid product. Keep bringing on the new features and build your loyal base. Don't try slugging it out with a more powerful opponent. Tweak them here and there and slowly chip away at their market share.
    Global Posts
    531 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I think Steve Jobs somehow found out that Flash was coming for the Pre and decided to go ahead and launch the Apple tablet the next day to steal Palm's thunder.
    That must be it! Apple is very worried about flash on the Pre right now. Flash is the key feature on the average consumers mind right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post
    Here's my thought: Palm can't do anything to diminish the splash of an announcement from Apple. Apple is too entrenched in the mind of consumers nowadays.

Palm could announce a new Pre with Flash, 1g RAM, 64g memory, holographic projection, 12 hour battery life while browsing, with the same form factor as the original, all for $99. But Apple could announce the same day that they're changing their Home button to a rectangle shape and they'd end up getting all the fawning press coverage and people camping out for 12 days to get the iPhone with the new Home button.

In my humble opinion, Palm just needs to keep making a good, solid product. Keep bringing on the new features and build your loyal base. Don't try slugging it out with a more powerful opponent. Tweak them here and there and slowly chip away at their market share.
    Well...I think Google is helping with that whole chipping away thing. However, I do think Palm should claim they invented Mobile Flash

Quote Originally Posted by semprini View Post

This is one of the funniest posts I've read all day. I can't stop laughing
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by intlbeans View Post
    This is one of the funniest posts I've read all day. I can't stop laughing
    +1 Agreed! But I did laugh a bit harder when I read "Palm just needs to keep making a good, solid product." (Since I'm on my 3rd device in 4 months) But, don't flame me...I still love the Pre! LOL
    I saw a guy on G4 TV interviewing a guy from Forbes...the guy from Forbes stated that he believed that OS 4.0 on iPhone would give it multi-tasking 'like' features but didn't think it would be true multi-tasking. Don't know if this guy was just speculating or had some kind of other information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I saw a guy on G4 TV interviewing a guy from Forbes...the guy from Forbes stated that he believed that OS 4.0 on iPhone would give it multi-tasking 'like' features but didn't think it would be true multi-tasking. Don't know if this guy was just speculating or had some kind of other information.
    I have heard multi-tasking like features as well. My concern would be that since every iPhone app is C/C++ based it is likely that they would take up more memory than the standard Pre app. In addition, since each app was designed to run in isolation, I doubt that very many were designed to be as light as possible with RAM. It is hard to re-work a system to be multitasking when it was designed to do single tasks well.

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    +1 Agreed! But I did laugh a bit harder when I read "Palm just needs to keep making a good, solid product." (Since I'm on my 3rd device in 4 months) But, don't flame me...I still love the Pre! LOL
    I'm still on my first Pre (purchased in Sept so maybe better build) but I will never be totally satisfied with the build quality. When I type on my keyboard it makes creaking sounds from the plastic rubbing together, and the tiny bit of oreo sure sucks.
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    I have heard multi-tasking like features as well. My concern would be that since every iPhone app is C/C++ based it is likely that they would take up more memory than the standard Pre app. In addition, since each app was designed to run in isolation, I doubt that very many were designed to be as light as possible with RAM. It is hard to re-work a system to be multitasking when it was designed to do single tasks well.
    Yeah, Microsoft *still* hasn't don't a good job of getting over that limitation in DOS.

Apple.....Apple who? Who is this Apple everyone keeps talking about!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    Oh yeah...seen that too.... Attack of the Shows Kevin Pereira interviewing David Ewalt. I love that show, I just can't stand how the co host, Olivia Munn, always bashes the Pre, she is such a Blackberry fan, it really is sad.

Seriously, what does the Blackberry have that the Pre doesn't? Well, besides more solid Email. I'd love to have a one on one with that woman and have her tell me what's so great about that damn Blackberry of hers!

But I got OT...sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skippy07 View Post
    Apple.....Apple who? Who is this Apple everyone keeps talking about!
    The people who most of the world thinks invented the PMP, PC and the GUI interface.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast