1.    #1  
    When ever I try to check my voice mail from a land line it just records me and doesn't work.. I press # and my 4 digit code just like I do using my pre but it doesn't work.. Need help. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    When ever I try to check my voice mail from a land line it just records me and doesn't work.. I press # and my 4 digit code just like I do using my pre but it doesn't work.. Need help. Thanks
    I haven't done that for years, but wasn't it * not #?
    I'd encourage you to try to use the Google Voice Voicemail, you get emails with transcribed text and the ability to play it from any computer, and there is additional documentation for logging in and checking voicemail through phones, you don't even need to use anything else offered either.
    I forget what you have to hit first before it will recognize you as calling in for the voice mail.

I'll see if I can find my instructions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empty_Pockets View Post
    If you're on Sprint, you need to hit * when your voicemail greeting comes on. Then you can enter your 4-digit PIN.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I haven't done that for years, but wasn't it * not #?
    Yes, It's the * key
    Quote Originally Posted by Insp_Gadget View Post
    If you're on Sprint, you need to hit * when your voicemail greeting comes on. Then you can enter your 4-digit PIN.
    I found i had to hit * twice and then it asks me for my 10 digit mail box number (ie, the phone number) followed by # and then it will ask for the passcode followed by #. I don't know my passcode. LOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I found i had to hit * twice and then it asks me for my 10 digit mail box number (ie, the phone number) followed by # and then it will ask for the passcode followed by #. I don't know my passcode. LOL!
    Are you on Sprint? If you're on Sprint, log into sprint.com (My Sprint) and access your phone profile. Go to "Settings and Passwords". From there, you can set your "Voicemail Passcode" in the "Your Phone" section.

I'm not sure why it would be asking for your "mailbox number". That doesn't make sense if you're calling your cell phone number to begin with.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    a) yes I am on Sprint
    b) we are talking about checking from the landline (it's always done this to me from back when I had the Sprint version of the Razor) - I think it has to do with you can call any Sprint number and access your voice mail with the same stuff. I dunno
    c) I have my passcode written down at home...I just can't remember it right now.
    a) yes I am on Sprint
    b) we are talking about checking from the landline (it's always done this to me from back when I had the Sprint version of the Razor)
    c) I have my passcode written down at home...I just can't remember it right now.
    I know exactly what you're talking about. I check my cell's voicemail from a landline all the time. Just call your cell phone's number and don't answer it. When your voicemail greeting comes on, hit * and you'll be prompted for your voicemail PIN (You need to establish one or change it via the website, if you don't know it).

If it doesn't work this way for you, then I don't know what's different about your account.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

I also editted my post to add something probably while you were typing.

I've tried 3 or 4 times and each time it asks me for the mailbox number.
    I also editted my post to add something probably while you were typing.

I've tried 3 or 4 times and each time it asks me for the mailbox number.
    If it's doing that (and you're calling your cell phone number and not some other number), then I would guess that your profile is not completely set up. Have you logged into My Sprint and checked to see what it says for your voicemail passcode?

You may also need to change a setting in the voicemail system itself. I don't remember all the prompts, but I would advise you to log into your voicemail and go through the prompts to see if there is anything related to requiring a PIN or remotely accessing voicemail.

In either case, this is how it works for me:

1. From a land line, I call my cell phone and wait for my voicemail greeting (in my voice).
    2. As soon as my voicemail greeting starts, I press *.
    3. The Sprint lady's voice comes on saying "To access your account, enter your 4-digit PIN".
    4. I enter the PIN and I'm instantly told how many voicemails I have, etc.
    Last edited by Insp_Gadget; 01/21/2010 at 02:17 PM.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

13.    #13  
    Thanks for all the responses.. i have been hitting # by mistake..