1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have my Pre in a BlackBerry belt-clip case. It fits well and has the rotating clip on the back.

When I take the Pre out of the case, about half the time it turns on by itself. I have a habit of hitting the power button as soon as I take it out. So - I'm constantly turning the Pre off after it has turned itself on.

Does anyone elses do this? Is there a way to disable it?

TIA,
    Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by trwalters001 View Post
    Hi All,

I have my Pre in a BlackBerry belt-clip case. It fits well and has the rotating clip on the back.

When I take the Pre out of the case, about half the time it turns on by itself. I have a habit of hitting the power button as soon as I take it out. So - I'm constantly turning the Pre off after it has turned itself on.

Does anyone elses do this? Is there a way to disable it?

TIA,
    Tim
    If you could keep it turned around in the case, that should solve ur prob, because u'll be pressing a different corner when you take it out.
    I don't understand what the problem is, if you don't slide up the lock button, it turns off right away?
    Man...I thought this was a post to improve the sex life between my wife and I.
  5.    #5  
    Here's a little more info...

I turn off the Pre and put it in the case with the screen towards my belt (in case I bang into something).

When I take the Pre out of the case, quite often it turns on by itself.

If I press the power button before I look at the screen, a lot of the time I'm turning it off because it's already turned itself on.

If it would do the same thing each time, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Tim
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Do you have a touchstone back? I wonder if its because of the magnet and so the phone thinks its a touchstone and then when u take it off the magnet it turns on? Just a random hypothesis.
    Quote Originally Posted by HMCH View Post
    Man...I thought this was a post to improve the sex life between my wife and I.
    lol. I was thinking of ideas when I saw the thread title... like, anything lacy and kinda see through! lol.
    Here's a little more info...

I turn off the Pre and put it in the case with the screen towards my belt (in case I bang into something).

When I take the Pre out of the case, quite often it turns on by itself.

If I press the power button before I look at the screen, a lot of the time I'm turning it off because it's already turned itself on.

If it would do the same thing each time, then there wouldn't be a problem.

Tim
    Ok, this happened w/me too.
    When you take the phone out of the case, ur somehow pushing the corner w/the power button into a wall of the case and that's what's turning it on before you get it out completely.
    Just rotate the phone so the power button is at a different corner of the case and keep it like that.
    You could do this while still keeping the screen faced inward.
    That's how I solved that problem w/mine.
  9.    #9  
    dbd - I thought of that and tried it many times, making sure that I didn't hit the power button. Still happens. Also, the power button is not covered by the case, so it doesn't touch.

Smubeht - I think it has something to do with the magnet too. The only thing is that it isn't consistent. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'll try it with the Pre turned so the screen is out to see if that makes a difference. Even if it does, there's no joy. I want the screen to face in so it won't get hit if I bump into something.

Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    lol. I was thinking of ideas when I saw the thread title... like, anything lacy and kinda see through! lol.
    Yup. Me too.

Yeah, that's where my mind goes. Most of the time, I can keep it caged, but sometimes...
    Twitter: dullgeek
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    dbd - I thought of that and tried it many times, making sure that I didn't hit the power button. Still happens. Also, the power button is not covered by the case, so it doesn't touch.

Smubeht - I think it has something to do with the magnet too. The only thing is that it isn't consistent. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't. I'll try it with the Pre turned so the screen is out to see if that makes a difference. Even if it does, there's no joy. I want the screen to face in so it won't get hit if I bump into something.

Tim
    Blackberry cases have that magnet in there so that screen auto shuts off when you put it into the case. My guess is that the pre while in the case thinks the case is a touchstone since it has a magnet, and same as when you take the phone off the touchstone it turns on. Seems to be whats happening. Try this. put the phone in your case and see if it lights up with the time on it if you can peer into the case with the phone in it.
    If you take a magnet and run it over the top left corner of the screen it will turn the Pre on. Your case must have a magnet in it.
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Dont know if i would advise this, at least not with a relatively strong magnet.