Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Ok, I did a search on this but was surprised to find nothing similar at all for the Pre. Yesterday , after changing nothing, I began getting some notification that appears and leaves so quickly that I can't even read the whole thing...but it's something like 'Sprint was unable to establish a data connection' or similar.
    I can't imagine that occasional inability to 'hook up' is anything new so I am thinking it must be the notifications that are the new part.
    I got about a dozen of these yesterday and they are very annoying especially when listening to an audio book in the car over the stereo system....the notification comes in 10 times louder and scares the crap out of me (since it is Homer Simpson saying "A Message...Eeexxecllent")

It's not happening again today but if this IS a known issue I'd love to hear whether anyone knows how to turn off the notifications etc.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    That's been happening to both myself and my girlfriend since 1.3.5 came out. At different times both of our Pre's (even when sitting next to each other) will momentarily pop up that notification and then instantly vanish. Sometimes before the notification sound can finish playing!

I chalked it up to a bug. They'll probably fix it sooner or later.
    Having the same problem. There are a few other threads with people basically saying that they are having the problem but no causes/solutions have been suggested.

I posted in a thread titled: " error 129 data connection loss??? "
    I am also having the same problem. I called tech support and they told me I would have to do a hard reset. After a hard reset the problem was not fixed. I managed to take a screen shot of the error message it reads

"Your phone could not establish a data connection. Call Sprint for help (129)"

They gave me the number to Sprint's advanced technical support 877-809-6696 but they didnt have any answers for me. They told me to go the repair store to have them run a diagnostic. I can use my internet and phone fully functioning, just error is annoying, Any help?
    I get poor reception with the Pre at my home.. got much better with my old win mobile phone(but will take the poor reception gladly to have the pre reliability!) I get that message multiple times throughout the day when I move behind the fridge, go to the basement etc.. It's a nuisance message. Think it might be less of a problem if I set my email polling to every 5 mins instead of as items arrive??
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    This has started happening to my wife's pre recently. Random notifications in the absence of a new txt, for instance, that I assume are these data connection loss errors. However, mine only seems to do it in one or two known dead spots, and even then only rarely.
    My issues seem to have been resolved by calling Sprint and having them refresh my data profile. My bars seem to have steadied out too, they were fluctuating all over the place. You have to call them on another phone because they had me take out the battery while they did their mojo.

Cross posting because there are about 4 threads dealing with the same issue.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by turbo_wagon View Post
    My issues seem to have been resolved by calling Sprint and having them refresh my data profile. My bars seem to have steadied out too, they were fluctuating all over the place. You have to call them on another phone because they had me take out the battery while they did their mojo.

Cross posting because there are about 4 threads dealing with the same issue.
    I'll have to try this and see if it works. Im in my office all day, and with past sprint phones Ive had full service. Now with the Pre, I get that Data connection notification. Its strange cause Ill show full EV all day, but there are moments when the data connection is lost.
    I get this some times when I'm at work roaming.