1.    #1  
    before you start posting threads, I've been through it all -- the reason why I can't get msn to work is because my contact list is too big.

has anyone been able to get msn working with a contact list of over 2000 ?

how ?
    Have you considered removing the 1,990 contacts you don't use?
  3.    #3  
    it's a beast of it's own now, i don't have the patience to spend hours removing people i don't use anymore.

the point is that if I can still get onto MSN using the messenger, or even web based one, why can't I get it going on my pre ?

thanks for the help though.
    Quote Originally Posted by alex.dobeck View Post
    Have you considered removing the 1,990 contacts you don't use?
    lmao!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    lmao!
    I have MSN open right now. There are 351 people online.
    Pehaps if someone port a javascript messaging app to webos that works independently from the message app it'll be easier.
    Have you considered mundu IM?
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkadelick View Post
    it's a beast of it's own now, i don't have the patience to spend hours removing people i don't use anymore.

the point is that if I can still get onto MSN using the messenger, or even web based one, why can't I get it going on my pre ?

thanks for the help though.
    If you are too lazy to cleanup the list at this point, just delete everyone and re-add the people you can remember. You dont need anyone else until you remember then, and it probably wouldn't be too hard to just ask them again for their info. I am not trying to be mean or negative, just realistic, if you dont fix this problem now, it will get worse.

There was a guy at the Sprint store the other day asking to have over 10000 contacts transferred to his new phone. He pretty much said, there is no way he could ever make the list smaller because it would take forever.
    ...and I bet you actually only have contact with maybe 1 of them and the rest don't even remember who you are.
    There is a Homebrew of MSN Live Messenager but you would have use WebOS Quick Install and it's still in beta.

It worked good before the 1.3.5.1 update so Greg (the developer) just updated it to work but it's still in beta.

I'm not sure it will handle 1000 people and I do suggest the clean first.

Rob

PS And Mundu is developing for the Pre, you have to wait but that is coming as well.
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

and how many of them do you talk to?

All be it I streamlined my msn and still have 100 people, and I dont really want them all added to my contact list.
    pay 'anything' for this feature he says... would you pay - your soul?? [evil laugh and menacing music] bwaahahahahaha