Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1.    #1  
    Just wondering if anyone has any info/rumors on when were getting more functionality to the native fbook app. I know there are other things to worry about but gdamnit i want fbook messenger!
    Philadelphia, murder capital of the world
  2. #2  
    Yeah it could really use an update.

    The mobile site is a good replacement for the time being however.
  3. #3  
    you should post the right tittle for the thread!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    you should post the right tittle for the thread!

    Ugh yeah, slightly more descriptive title and the use of question marks would be greatly appreciated. Personally I'd love something similar to what foursquare is doing with their app so we can keep an eye on development, install beta builds and provide more direct feedback on the application.
  5. #5  
    how do you get the mobile site? when i change my bookmark to m.facebook.com i still endup at touch.facebook.com which is the same as the inbuilt x.facebook.com??
    Last edited by sharpcroft; 01/21/2010 at 10:39 AM. Reason: posted live url by mistake
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by templeghg22 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone has any info/rumors on when were getting more functionality to the native fbook app. I know there are other things to worry about but gdamnit i want fbook messenger!
    Philadelphia is NOT the murder capital of the world...are you serious???
  7. #7  
    m.facebook.com/home.php


    EDIT: obsolete, see alternative: http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...20#post2274920
    Last edited by mkhiggins5; 03/02/2010 at 01:37 PM.
  8. #8  
    lite.facebook.com or touch.facebook.com get you the two mobile sites. Both suck. Only good for messages.
  9. #9  
    what up with the touch.facebook.com site? I click on home its there stuff in my feed that is like 10 days old, sometimes older (2 months?), I just want recent stuff, other than that it has everything I want.
  10. #10  
    facebook bookmark works best IMHO.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by SISGO View Post
    you should post the right tittle for the thread!
    "tittle" sounds yummy! lol.... but I agree, a "?" behind the title would have made me not read this thread....then again, I really shouldn't care since I don't use Facebook
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Ugh yeah, slightly more descriptive title and the use of question marks would be greatly appreciated. Personally I'd love something similar to what foursquare is doing with their app so we can keep an eye on development, install beta builds and provide more direct feedback on the application.
    Well, the reason that's not happening is because Palm's building the Facebook app, whereas I'm building the Foursquare app. And if Foursquare was doing the actual development, it wouldn't exactly be run the way I'm running it. I'm working very closely with foursquare on the app (which is why the company is listed as foursquare), but frankly, big companies (or even startups) don't have the time to launch apps in that way. It'd be great though.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by mkhiggins5 View Post
    m.facebook.com/home.php
    with the new version, this doesn't work anymore. However I've been able to access the desktop with:

    www.facebook.come/home.php
  14. #14  
    Click on the "News Feed" tab and it will turn into the "Live Feed." I didnt find this out till a few weeks ago, makes the mobile site a ton better and the Palm FB app almost obsolete.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    what up with the touch.facebook.com site? I click on home its there stuff in my feed that is like 10 days old, sometimes older (2 months?), I just want recent stuff, other than that it has everything I want.
    Click on the "News Feed" tab and it will turn into the "Live Feed." I didnt find this out till a few weeks ago, makes the mobile site a ton better and the Palm FB app almost obsolete.
  16. #16  
    friendsbook is much better
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Walker11 View Post
    Click on the "News Feed" tab and it will turn into the "Live Feed." I didnt find this out till a few weeks ago, makes the mobile site a ton better and the Palm FB app almost obsolete.
    That must have just happened, thanks for the tip. Also, the full facebook page pulls up pretty nice as well, I might just use that instead.
    Trying to give back for all the awesome help I have received. If anything I post is of any use, please hit the thanks button!
  18. #18  
    so is the bookmark facebook app better or the palm facebook?
  19. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #19  
    The FB mobile site would rock so much harder if it included status updates from mobile apps like the regular website and all of the FB apps do.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions