Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54
  1. #41  
    wanted to start a thread about this, but didn't want to get flamed for not posting much in the time that i've been here.

    i have a friend that's a store manager as well. mentioned that a palm rep came in and mentioned a "palm pre deluxe" (code name. not sure if it'll be the actual name. if so, i think it sucks. at least make it "palm pre preluxe" or something). mentioned snapdragon or equivalent, ram and memory upgrade (possibly 32 gig), and expansion slot (why at 32 gigs... i dunno). didn't say anything about a different form factor. summer release.

    take it for what it's worth. said he also is have a meeting with the palm rep later next week, so i'll mention whatever he mentions to me.

    makes me like sprint that much more. was considering leaving, but had a great cst serv experience that made me rethink it.
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 01/22/2010 at 05:25 PM. Reason: time.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    ... i have a friend that's a store manager as well. mentioned that a palm rep came in and mentioned a "palm pre deluxe" ...
    ...said he also is have a meeting with the palm rep later next week, so i'll mention whatever he mentions to me.
    Just make sure to wait some random amount of time before spilling any beans (so that the rep can't figure out that your friend is spilling the beans to you).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSupreme View Post
    wanted to start a thread about this, but didn't want to get flamed for not posting much in the time that i've been here.

    i have a friend that's a store manager as well. mentioned that a palm rep came in and mentioned a "palm pre deluxe" (code name. not sure if it'll be the actual name. if so, i think it sucks. at least make it "palm pre preluxe" or something). mentioned snapdragon or equivalent, ram and memory upgrade (possibly 32 gig), and expansion slot (why at 32 gigs... i dunno). didn't say anything about a different form factor. summer release.

    take it for what it's worth. said he also is have a meeting with the palm rep later next week, so i'll mention whatever he mentions to me.

    makes me like sprint that much more. was considering leaving, but had a great cst serv experience that made me rethink it.
    Please tell us when you can in this thread. I'll be subcribing to this one. Thanks :]
  4. #44  
    sure. i don't see anything surprising from the op or what i posted. makes sense in grand scheme of things... i think (i should say our grand scheme... and hopefully palm's).

    again... take it for what it's worth. he's a fan boy, but a good guy.
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 01/22/2010 at 11:00 PM. Reason: what's up with the filter?
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    definitely 4G Pre2 with WebOS 2.0, 16G HDD, 512RAM, 1GHz CPU, same size but with 480x800 resolution. MicroSD slot and front camera..

    my wishlist!.
    Yeah, it's probably just wishes. You won't likely see 4g networking in the same size phone as a Pre anytime real soon. The Pre runs hot as it is (which is typically due to the continual miniaturization of components). Like I said, I wouldn't be surprised to see 4g on a Pre in June, but I think the phone will be bigger.
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    My view is that Palm felt rushed to get the Pre and WebOS out the door, seeing the Fruit phone cornering the market and Google/Android about to become relevant. They used Sprint as an *alpha* test for WebOS, delivering a phone lacking the basics such as Flash, video recording, and accelerated graphics support for native applications like games.
    ...
    Sorry, your view shows that you have no idea what "alpha testing" is. The case might be made that the Pre was "beta testing" (though I disagree). But it was by no stretch of the imagination an alpha test.

    Effective alpha testing requires specfic functions be tested, and results (positive, negative, and in between) reported frequently. Didn't happen. Branding the Pre as "alpha testing" is just someone misapplying a label.
  7. LurkerX's Avatar
    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    My view is that Palm felt rushed to get the Pre and WebOS out the door, seeing the Fruit phone cornering the market and Google/Android about to become relevant. They used Sprint as an *alpha* test for WebOS, delivering a phone lacking the basics such as Flash, video recording, and accelerated graphics support for native applications like games.
    Really? Really? You think Flash is a basic phone function eh? So, exactly what phones, other than the Nokia N900 have Flash right now? Basic my ***.

    Early adapters get beta's usually. That's what we got. Anyone claiming Alpha or Flash as basic phone function doesn't know crap.
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Really? Really? You think Flash is a basic phone function eh? So, exactly what phones, other than the Nokia N900 have Flash right now? Basic my ***.
    The Hero has flash.

    Besides the point flash it overrated on smartphones. 90% of flash content is adds. Playing flash games would be an exercise in frustration, hulu won't work, and we have a youtube app. I just don't see what the big deal is.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by LurkerX View Post
    Really? Really? You think Flash is a basic phone function eh? So, exactly what phones, other than the Nokia N900 have Flash right now? Basic my ***.

    Early adapters get beta's usually. That's what we got. Anyone claiming Alpha or Flash as basic phone function doesn't know crap.
    The irony of that nonsense is that Palm didn't include the existing Flash Light because it was so buggy. They chose instead to heavily participate in Adobe's Open Screen Project. The beta will be out soon, which means the alpha has been around for a while. If the nonsense about "alpha testing" were true, we'd already have it on our Pres.
  10. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by boomhower View Post
    The Hero has flash.

    Besides the point flash it overrated on smartphones. 90% of flash content is adds. Playing flash games would be an exercise in frustration, hulu won't work, and we have a youtube app. I just don't see what the big deal is.
    Did you see the flash preview on the Pre?
    The flash only works if you double click on the video/game.

    So this way the ads won't show and instead you can focus on one video or game.
  11. #51  
    the hero flash is extremely choppy.

    im excited because it lifts a lot of limitations on video content online. I can browse worldstarhiphop or livemixtapes and watch/listen to any video/song i want. where as now i have to find other avenues.

    also the fact that you double tap on flash content and it goes fullscreen is huge. It will make the content feel native.
  12. #52  
    kind of an update. take it for what it's worth.

    -four inch screen
    -and same as before snapdragon or equivalent processor

    anyhow, seems like it would be kinda long for a portrait unless they did away with the whole bottom gesture area.

    nothing really new besides the screen from the previous post. doesn't really fit the definition of "speculation" or a "rumor", but doesn't fit the mold of a "fact" either. so again, just take it for what it's worth (which is some dude rambling on a msg board).

    btw... sorry for hijacking your thread, midmofan.
    Last edited by OmegaSupreme; 02/01/2010 at 01:00 PM. Reason: hijacking midmofan's thread?
  13. #53  
    They had better not get rid of the gesture area That is one of their best features.
  14. aquipower's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    #54  
    The Palm Pre for me was the device launch and Testing for the palm Pre in the world. Sprint was the obvious choice as Verizon is a picky network that infringe their market and restrictions on their own phones. Sprint offers the best plans and also for their Ready Now program, in which they would teach you how to use the phone. No other carrier offers it. When the device launched, the training from Palm was minimal. Many questions went unanswered and the launch was done. If it wasn't for this Blog PreCentral.net, I was done. Palm learned a lot from the issues the phone had with the users and feedback from employees and users made the phone better. Verizon then stepped in and wanted the Pre as their customers wanted the phone. the demand was big as I saw many Verizon, T-mobile and AT&T customers port to Sprint. As the Pre became more stable and patches were made to be reliable, Palm needed more money to expand. They launched the GSM version. WHy the GSM version? because it will help the launch for more apps in Europe and Asia as it did for the Iphone. Yes, Verizon got an upgrade from the Pre, but Palm doesn't forget who help them first. Sprint will Launch the C40, and I haven't seen it, but I'll bet it will be huge. 4G? humm, don't think so. maybe in the next model at the 4th quarter maybe. That is my vision. Still I sse the greediness in Verizon to charge $45 for "business email" instead of the regular $30? The Pre does Business email for free at Sprint. $10 for GPS?? is Free @ Sprint!! Wow, will wonders never cease. Still, I would not pay more for the same service.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions