1.    #1  
    So I plan on getting Pre Plus. Apperently if you buy a Pre, you can get a Pixie free after the rebate. I'm thinking about buying them and then just offering the Pixie up on eBay. I would think that by buying, I would have to attach it to a phone number (not a problem, I have a family plan and wife is not interested in a smartphone). So my thinking is that when I get the phone, cancel the data plan on her line and then just sell it right? Looking for experienced phone flipper here...Figure I can get my Pre paid for by doing this.
    Well.. you sign into a contract so you'd need to have an extra phone, you won't be able to get a discount through Verizon on it so even the cheapest will probably cost you 50-100. You also will not be able to cancel the data, you'll be under contract.

You can still sell the phone however, you just call them up transfer the line to the other phone for you wife and your free to do whatever you want with the Pixi Plus.

So you'll have to evaluate the cost to get a pixi and sell it. If your on a family plan you share data anyway so it's not like any phone'll act different, if you put each phone on different plans then you have the problem of having a whole plan with data (mandatory if you want a Pre or Pixi). So my guess if you sold it on ebay would be maybe a profit of 200-350, if your lucky, but probably cost you around 600 for the extra data by the end of the 2 years.

I would suggest just giving your wife the pixi, she'll like it, if you go the family plan way. Otherwise if you do separate plans then don't take the buy one get one "deal".
    Last edited by alex.dobeck; 01/21/2010 at 10:19 AM.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Getting the pre plus on the 25th n the BOGO pixi. If I activate the pixi for my GF can we share the unlimited data I already have on the plan or would we have to pay the data plan on each phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusBlock View Post
    So I plan on getting Pre Plus. Apperently if you buy a Pre, you can get a Pixie free after the rebate. I'm thinking about buying them and then just offering the Pixie up on eBay. I would think that by buying, I would have to attach it to a phone number (not a problem, I have a family plan and wife is not interested in a smartphone). So my thinking is that when I get the phone, cancel the data plan on her line and then just sell it right? Looking for experienced phone flipper here...Figure I can get my Pre paid for by doing this.
    Usually, you will have to have the phone activated for some period of time inorder to be eligible for the rebate and/or for it to process. Thus the long wait to recieve your rebate. If the phone is un-activated within that time, your rebate is rejected and you may be charged full price and and ETF.
    You will not be able to make up that difference selling a now "used" Pixi on eBay in that case.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganthonyv View Post
    Getting the pre plus on the 25th n the BOGO pixi. If I activate the pixi for my GF can we share the unlimited data I already have on the plan or would we have to pay the data plan on each phone?
    $30 for each line
    plus "advanced Devices" now have a $350 cancelation.
    SCK Manager
    Quote Originally Posted by TMed_ATL View Post
    plus "advanced Devices" now have a $350 cancelation.
    yup. and it was put into place for this EXACT reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by ganthonyv View Post
    Data plan for each phone.
    Now when DH was looking at the Droid and one of the HTC phones (the one with no slide out keyboard only onscreen) was being given for free it didn't have to be activated. The Droid had to be activated only and it had to be kept for 30 days before the rebate on the HTC was issued but that one didn't have to be activated.
    Global Posts
    350 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Now when DH was looking at the Droid and one of the HTC phones (the one with no slide out keyboard only onscreen) was being given for free it didn't have to be activated. The Droid had to be activated only and it had to be kept for 30 days before the rebate on the HTC was issued but that one didn't have to be activated.
    Who the hell is DH.. for the sake of responsible conversation lets try to make sure everyone knows *** you're referring to.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Who the hell is DH.. for the sake of responsible conversation lets try to make sure everyone knows *** you're referring to.
    I'm guessing [D]ear [H]ubby.
    Quote Originally Posted by digink View Post
    Dan Hesse works for sprint I kid i kid
    SCK Manager
    You have to sign a contract on both phones. There not just giving you a Pixi Plus if you buy the Pre Plus. You have to get a family plan with $30 data on both and sign a 2 year contract on both phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by DS_Palm_Lvr View Post
    I'm guessing [D]ear [H]ubby.
    I think you're right. Asked the wife, she said the same or also Darling Husband (hubby)
  16.    #16  
    DH is pretty widely known as "Dear Hubby" or "D@mn Hubby" depending on context. I think most people knew what that was.

Now see, I wonder whether posters are posting from first hand knowledge with Verizon. My "contract" is the 1400 shared minutes. I'm re-upping this when I get a Pre. Currently I have a Centro. I go months at a time with no need for data (face it the browser sucks on Centro) so I go online and go to a pay-per-kb on my plan. Then, if I'm going to travel, I go online and pick the all you can eat data for 29.99 for the month and run it (I am currently under my 2 yr contract too). I turn the data on and off all the time. I don't know that this has anything to do with the basic contract. Maybe they are changing it just for the pre but I doubt it. So my thinking is, that I get the pixie with it. The idea is to turn off the data plan after I get the phone and let my wife continue to use her Razr. She won't give it up until they pry it from her cold dead fingers.

Now if the phone has to be activated for a time to get the rebate, this could be a problem.

I don't want to hear from the Sprint people who are assuming or guessing on what being under contract really is, because I don't think they know. A VZ rep would be good, I know there are a few on the board.

Either way, I'll ask when I call and order the phone on Monday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediademics View Post
    I think you're right. Asked the wife, she said the same or also Darling Husband (hubby)
    I was thinking she meant "Designated Hitter" (so I guess that would be David Ortiz).
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    I'm reading and posting this from my Centro. Outdated for sure but it gets me by until I upgrade : )
    Quote Originally Posted by GeniusBlock View Post
    Currently I have a Centro. I go months at a time with no need for data (face it the browser sucks on Centro) so I go online and go to a pay-per-kb on my plan. Then, if I'm going to travel, I go online and pick the all you can eat data for 29.99 for the month and run it (I am currently under my 2 yr contract too). I turn the data on and off all the time. I don't know that this has anything to do with the basic contract.
    I'm not on the bigV but I don't think thats going to work on the Pre m8. The Pre is real heavy on the whole data thing. From Email to Apps this phone eats up data all of the time it's on.

The only time I ever get mad or upset at my Pre is when I go somewhere where there is no or weak signal. Phone becomes almost useless.

Talk to a rep about it, if Verizon is like Sprint they won't offer the Pre Plus with out a unlimited data plan.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by TWC_SouthPhilly View Post
    I'm not on the bigV but I don't think thats going to work on the Pre m8. The Pre is real heavy on the whole data thing. From Email to Apps this phone eats up data all of the time it's on.

The only time I ever get mad or upset at my Pre is when I go somewhere where there is no or weak signal. Phone becomes almost useless.

Talk to a rep about it, if Verizon is like Sprint they won't offer the Pre Plus with out a unlimited data plan.
    I get that. When I get the Pre, the data will be on all the time. My point is that I don't know/think that the data package is part of the 2 year commitment. Therefore, I could get the Pixie attached to my wife's line, and then when it comes, kick the data plan off and flip the phone on eBay and put her back on her voice only plan.