Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I was sitting in class and reached into my pocket for my phone. I noticed it was hot to touch and had shut off. I pulled the battery and restarted and it froze... Restarted again and it's on now. Any ideas what it could be? I have preware and a few patches. Just installed doom and noticed the problem afterward. Could that be it?
    There are cases where homebrew or a patch will use up mass amounts of the CPU, generally creating alot of heat and draining the battery quickly (eventually shutting off becuase of lack of power or too much heat).

This problem show itself even after an application has closed. A good test woudl be to restart your phone, open a homebrew app for a little while, then close it, wait 5-10 minutes to see if it creates heat, if it does restart and don't use that app until an update comes out. If you can't find one at all then just assume it was a fluke.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    thanks for the quick reply. I'm assuming it was just a fluke. I also forgot to mention I have the seidio 2600 mah battery. Had it since christmas day and no problems so I'm assuming that wouldn't be it.