Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 33
  1.    #1  
    No matter what, that is impressive with the 512MB ram can open 50 apps while with 256 just 13.

    Palm Pre Plus shows off multitasking upgrade with 50 simultaneous apps (video) -- Engadget
  2. #2  
    although 50 cards is cool, i hardly have more than 6 open


    Currently using: Sprint Palm Pre and Sprint HTC EVO 4G
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    No matter what, that is impressive with the 512MB ram can open 50 apps while with 256 just 13.

    Palm Pre Plus shows off multitasking upgrade with 50 simultaneous apps (video) -- Engadget
    Wow! Guess you don't read the home page of PreCentral -- that is where this is from! Don't give credit to Engadget when it was Dieter who did this!
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    Wow! Guess you don't read the home page of PreCentral -- that is where this is from! Don't give credit to Engadget when it was Dieter who did this!
    Well, at least Engadget did give Precentral the credit.
    Are you trying to hurt me?
  5. #5  
    This has inspired me to leave my apps open on my Pre Classic.

    I am now more productive!
  6. #6  
    Really? you need 50 apps open at the same time? I hardly have more than 5 at anytime.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by htabbach View Post
    Really? you need 50 apps open at the same time? I hardly have more than 5 at anytime.
    Who knows? If webOS catches on with Vzw and AT&T developers may eventuall flood the app store with apps. Then, there may be quite a few you will want running at the same time.
  8. #8  
    we count we can open 27 on the original Pre
  9. #9  
    It's nice to know that the Pre Plus can do that, but considering I've never run more than maybe 10-12 apps at once on my PC (including things that run in the background like IM or AV software), I can't imagine why I'd want to do so on my phone.
  10. mark2jas's Avatar
    Posts
    76 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #10  
    i have 10 cards open on the original pre... including NFSU, memos, photos (500+ pics),web (open at precentral website),videos (5 vids), facebook app, music (23 songs), pandora, local news app and quake app ... the pandora is playing on the back ground while the quake demo's sound playing also on the background.. and opening NFSU making it 3 diffrnt sounds from dffrnt apps playing on d back ground...lol im satisfied with this one, WHO AMONG YOU ARE OPENING 10 APPS with ur pre? thats just alil bit stupid... d only thing that sucks is i cant open sims 3 while running NFSU or asphalt5.. >:-)
  11. #11  
    13 or 50 cards..whatever. The real story is the robust nature of webOS and it's abiltiy to scale exponentially. This is just more proof that webOS would make for an awesome slate-like device.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    13 or 50 cards..whatever. The real story is the robust nature of webOS and it's abiltiy to scale exponentially.
    This is what's important here. Good work Palm
  13. #13  
    Pretty awesome that it can open 50. It's kinda like having a car that can go 250mph, though... it's cool in theory, but I can't really imagine getting very close to the top end.
  14. #14  
    I opened 13 apps last night including NFSU, Sims 3, and Asphalt 5 all at once just to show off to a buddy. I rarely have more than 5 open at one time anyhow. Is it sad that the part that makes me the most jealous is still the lack of a button on the front?
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    Is it sad that the part that makes me the most jealous is still the lack of a button on the front?
    The lack of a center button is further reason NOT to buy the Pre Plus for me.
  16. #16  
    The true reason for this is that Luna takes a significant amount of memory. That's why 512MB is able to sustain much more than just twice as many apps as 256MB.

    Personally, I look at this similar to 4 cup holders vs. 12. Sure, there may be cases where you need the extra cup holders. But why pay more for them when 4 is going to be enough 99.9% of the time?
  17. #17  
    This would definitely help all around, but: more memory = less battery
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MilenkoD View Post
    13 or 50 cards..whatever. The real story is the robust nature of webOS and it's abiltiy to scale exponentially. This is just more proof that webOS would make for an awesome slate-like device.
    Not gonna happen.

    The mobile should be your ONLY computer. Connect it to a screen and keyboard when you're at your desk. Boom.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by dallashigh View Post
    The true reason for this is that Luna takes a significant amount of memory. That's why 512MB is able to sustain much more than just twice as many apps as 256MB.

    Personally, I look at this similar to 4 cup holders vs. 12. Sure, there may be cases where you need the extra cup holders. But why pay more for them when 4 is going to be enough 99.9% of the time?
    People are missing the point of this experiment by Dieter. It's the ability of WebOS to be able to run that many apps at once without compromising performance...especially the NFS game app at the end. Of course having 50+ apps open is silly. The boost in RAM is huge in performance.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Disgustoid View Post
    The lack of a center button is further reason NOT to buy the Pre Plus for me.
    For pure aesthetics? Because it isn't because of performance...or is it with you? The center button is utterly useless...it should have been implemented as a track ball instead IMO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions