Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 33 of 33
  1. #21  
    With 74 Processes and 183 services running while using 2.842g ram as a normal boot up base on my server it looks like my phone in a short time will replace my network server.
    IF THEY GIVE US A true 2-way USB!
  2. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #22  
    So... is this really just because of the 512? Or is it because of WebOS 1.4? I mean, it's supposed to have better memory management, right?
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bennish View Post
    So... is this really just because of the 512? Or is it because of WebOS 1.4? I mean, it's supposed to have better memory management, right?
    The pre plus was running 1.3.5.1

    1.4 hasn't been released yet, even to the new pluses.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
  4. geodim's Avatar
    Posts
    276 Posts
    Global Posts
    278 Global Posts
    #24  
    The reason it goes from 13 to 50 is because there's an extra 256MB, just for apps. Keep in mind that part of the first 256MB is being used for the OS. This is not exponential growth, as mentioned in a previous post.
    Sidekick Color > Moto MPx220 > HTC Typhoon > Moto Q > HTC Apache > HTC Hermes > HTC Tilt > Palm Pre > HTC EVO 4G > HTC EVO 3D

    iPad 16GB WiFi > iPad 2 64GB WiFi
  5. #25  
    at the same time i have had 3 cards open which was too many for the pre. Heavy applications are much more of the benefit, not opening 50 tiny apps.
  6. sko
    sko is offline
    sko's Avatar
    Posts
    68 Posts
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverEnough02 View Post
    at the same time i have had 3 cards open which was too many for the pre. Heavy applications are much more of the benefit, not opening 50 tiny apps.
    And I think that's what people need to understand, not the quantity of the apps you have open the "quality".
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by 05typesdc5 View Post
    although 50 cards is cool, i hardly have more than 6 open
    QFT and for realistically speaking. I admit the 512MB of ram is definitey music to our ears, but I personally don't require up to 50 cards to be opened.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The reason it goes from 13 to 50 is because there's an extra 256MB, just for apps. Keep in mind that part of the first 256MB is being used for the OS. This is not exponential growth, as mentioned in a previous post.
    Any idea on how much mem the OS takes from the first 256Mb? my math skills are failing me at the moment
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  9. imhyatt's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by short_round View Post
    For pure aesthetics? Because it isn't because of performance...or is it with you? The center button is utterly useless...it should have been implemented as a track ball instead IMO.
    I completely agree. I never use my center button and often find it in the way when using the back gesture. I also think it looks much nicer without. I'm jealous of my girlfriend's Pixi for the lack of the center button. That and the keypad.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by ToolkiT View Post
    Any idea on how much mem the OS takes from the first 256Mb? my math skills are failing me at the moment
    Well, I read somewhere on this forum that Rod said the OS takes so much memory that only 41MB (or something like that) is left. And that's fresh after a reboot.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    The reason it goes from 13 to 50 is because there's an extra 256MB, just for apps. Keep in mind that part of the first 256MB is being used for the OS. This is not exponential growth, as mentioned in a previous post.
    After this demo, it's obvious that Luna likks the memory space.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sethiathome View Post
    Well, I read somewhere on this forum that Rod said the OS takes so much memory that only 41MB (or something like that) is left. And that's fresh after a reboot.
    That's what I was thinking/fearing too.. since the jump in usable RAM seems to be quite big while the total ram only has doubled..
    <IMG WIDTH="200" HEIGHT="50" SRC=http://www.visorcentral.com/images/visorcentral.gif> (ex)VisorCentral Discussion Moderator
    Do files get embarrassed when they get unzipped?
  13. bennish's Avatar
    Posts
    584 Posts
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    #33  
    man.... why so slow with the plusses and the gsm ones... i have money ready to spend! *waves it under palm's nose(s?)*
    [twitter]_____[blog]______[im]__
    For now: Nexus One | iPad 2
    When avail. in Aus: Pre3 16GB | Touchpad 16GB

    This is a forum for WebOS enthusiasts. It is not a place for negative rants about Palm, HP or WebOS.
    Criticism is important but so is a positive environment. Remember, we're here because we love WebOS.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions