Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    I know that it was $2.99 cause I've been waiting for my direct depost to kick in so I can buy this and when I went on last night I see it went up in price? Whats up with that Palm???
    you really had to wait until payday to buy a 3 to 5 dollar game?
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    I know that it was $2.99 cause I've been waiting for my direct depost to kick in so I can buy this and when I went on last night I see it went up in price? Whats up with that Palm???
    Palm doesn't set pricing. It's up to the developer, in this case Glu Mobile.
    Prolly was a promotional thing to compete with the other 3d games at launch.
    no offense, but if you dont have $5 to spend on an app, then maybe you should be saving your money. just a thought.
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cnote1287 View Post
    no offense, but if you dont have $5 to spend on an app, then maybe you should be saving your money. just a thought.
    i used to live in DeKalb. you guys can keep that winter weather.
    Well, they probably raised the price because everybody went on the review board and proclaimed how it's "Worth much more than 3 bucks". I'm sure the developer reads the reviews and they thought "Hey, why not? Let's jack this baby up a little bit" I purchased this app for the 2.99 price. It's a decent app....for 3 dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    you really had to wait until payday to buy a 3 to 5 dollar game?
    what a ahole comment
    I didn't like that game a lot, controls are iffy.
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    my guess is the app is selling well and the dev wants profits. they might do something crazy with the money like make another webos game.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    Seriously you lames who are commenting about that I need to save money or why did I have to wait for payday. Are just talking out your ***** with knowing the details.. If you must know, I have a pre paid MC and just got payroll at my job to let me get direct deposit. B/c at first they wasnt having that.. Anyone who know you have to pay $5 to refill $$ onto it.. I havent used it in 2 months so the damn card was @ -10.. Why in Gods name will I go and pony up $20 to buy a ****ing game that cost $3-$5??? Thats why when I knew I was getting direct deposit which I avoid the $5 fee to refill and being that I make $40K a year I said when it kicks in I just purchase it.. I have more important things to do with my cash then to go spend $20 so a can play a mobile game.

But back to the topic. I was asking b/c this was the first instance where I seen the price of a app go up.. Thats all. Thank to the ones who replied with logical responses, they are apprieciated
    I love it that Glu Games launched it at a discounted price, I wish all the other developers did that. A lot of other developers have done this with their applications, Pack n' Track, Tweed, etc. Would have produced a lot more sales, I certainly would have bought all the big games if they were all priced closer to 50% of their current price. Although a bit of a kick to Plus owners that the price gets bumped up right before the phone launches.

*Bought Glyder2 the day it launched in the catalog*
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jezer29 View Post
    Seriously you lames who are commenting about that I need to save money or why did I have to wait for payday. Are just talking out your ***** with knowing the details.. If you must know, I have a pre paid MC and just got payroll at my job to let me get direct deposit. B/c at first they wasnt having that.. Anyone who know you have to pay $5 to refill $$ onto it.. I havent used it in 2 months so the damn card was @ -10.. Why in Gods name will I go and pony up $20 to buy a ****ing game that cost $3-$5??? Thats why when I knew I was getting direct deposit which I avoid the $5 fee to refill and being that I make $40K a year I said when it kicks in I just purchase it.. I have more important things to do with my cash then to go spend $20 so a can play a mobile game.

But back to the topic. I was asking b/c this was the first instance where I seen the price of a app go up.. Thats all. Thank to the ones who replied with logical responses, they are apprieciated
    +1
    It is kinda funny, people scream bloody murder about the price of games, something that will entertain them for countless of hours and yet will go into a bar and spend 4 bucks for a beer.
    Palm has already asked devs to have a weekend sales for their apps, so it may go down again. Who knows? If I had to guess I would say it is in prep for the release of the Pre+'s on verizon.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    It is kinda funny, people scream bloody murder about the price of games, something that will entertain them for countless of hours and yet will go into a bar and spend 4 bucks for a beer.
    Isn't that the way? Back when I used to play a lot of video games I would spend a week reading reviews and opinions before buying a game. But I had no problem going out on a Saturday night and drop $50 or $60 for one night of entertainment.
    back when i was a kid, i'd easily spend way more than that to play a game for just a half an hour at the arcade. and i had to walk to the arcade. in the snow. with only one glove cos my little brother would always need one. and we'd take turns carrying each other because there was only one pair of shoes between us.

okay, we both had gloves and boots. but, it was definitely snowy, and we spent a lot of money on video games!
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    With out playing a game before hand there's no way to guarantee countless hour of entertainment, until purchased and played. But beer on the other hand you know the outcome of such a product .
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Better chance of getting laid at a bar drinking a $4 beer then sitting at home playing a $5 game on your phone.
    So... if I bought it for 3$ before hand, and I doctor my phone, can I still reinstall it for free?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast