1.    #1  
    Hello all.

I have the newest update on pre. Recently, my phone started shutting itself off and when I would power on it would freeze at times on the PALM logo, causing me to have to remove the battery and power up again. Sometimes it would load up but would freeze immediately becoming unresponsive to any key press, causing me to remove the battery yet again.

I took it to sprint. They did a partial erase which has seemed to fix the issue. I'm just wondering if there are any known patches or conflicts of patches ie. Full throttle with the 500mhz powersave patch, that would cause this behavior?
    im going to assume you installed those patches and im also going to assume you didnt do your homework before doing so.
  3.    #3  
    well I remember the throttle once said obselete and that it was incorporated into the smartreflex patch but it doesn't say that anymnore or atleast it didn't when I last applied it.

Can you offer any insight?
    the powersave patches were/are listed as dangerous.

the 500mhz one is fairly safe, but it has been known to cause the phone to hang on boot up.

i had it on before the last update and it only hung on me once. ive been meaning to put it back on but havent gotten around to it.

so short answer....it's "normal."
    Quote Originally Posted by midnightmaraude View Post
    ....Sometimes it would load up but would freeze immediately becoming unresponsive to any key press, causing me to remove the battery yet again.
    .....the 500mhz powersave patch, that would cause this behavior?
    I had that same problem with the Powersave patch that stepped the CPU. I've since switched to the SmartReflex patch and haven't had an issue since.