Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 45
  1.    #1  
    I just had a thought and this may have been brought up already......BUT....

    Would it be possible to obtain a Pre Plus and use the WebOS DR. from the sprint version to get a working Sprint image?

  2. Kedar's Avatar
    Posts
    994 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,071 Global Posts
    #2  
    I was wondering whether or not people could get Pre Plus on Sprint like they did with the original Pre and Verizon.
  3. #3  
    Maybe just change the settings??? like we do to get from Sprint to Iusacell
  4. #4  
    If it's the exact same radio (which I think it is) then it's possible. It may be difficult, however.
  5. #5  
    this has been answered before BUT......you can get it on there but it would be voice/text only. no data.

    it's technologically possible but you would have to find a tech who would allow a phone not on their internal list onto their network and then you would have to completely reflash the software to the specific carrier if you want the data features enabled.

    try it out for yourself. if you're successful, you'd be the first.
  6. edlex's Avatar
    Posts
    657 Posts
    Global Posts
    660 Global Posts
    #6  
    Just wait a few months. It'll be on Sprint soon enough, trust me...
    FYI: My Pre is as plain vanilla as the day it came out of the box...
  7. #7  
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait until someone breaks their Pre Plus and buy it off e-bay. From there I'm just going to take the RAM out of the Pre Plus and put it on my Pre. Problem solved. If it's possible!
  8. #8  
    You'd have to change the ESN though.

    Quote Originally Posted by zealster View Post
    I'm pretty sure I'm going to wait until someone breaks their Pre Plus and buy it off e-bay. From there I'm just going to take the RAM out of the Pre Plus and put it on my Pre. Problem solved. If it's possible!
    Someone tried doing something similar but he kind of disappeared. The equipment you'd need is a bit pricey.
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...16gb-nand.html
  9. #9  
    Don't think you'll be able to activate a Verizon phone on the Sprint network. ESN/IEMI numbers wouldn't let it happen.



    Quote Originally Posted by puffdaddy411 View Post
    I just had a thought and this may have been brought up already......BUT....

    Would it be possible to obtain a Pre Plus and use the WebOS DR. from the sprint version to get a working Sprint image?

    Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)



    "When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    You'd have to change the ESN though.



    Someone tried doing something similar but he kind of disappeared. The equipment you'd need is a bit pricey.
    Well, I've been looking around, and I'm just porting it from the same OS. He's doing it from a different phone (although I'm not sure if it's going to be different, honestly). If worst comes to worse I guess I could just replace the whole communications board and go from there. But looking at the Palm Pre teardowns, it looks pretty simple. I used to have a Samsung Omnia and it was a pain to replace the digitizer and touch screen, but I've done it, so I'm not really afraid of doing this. My only regret would be to potentially lose my phone haha! Anyways, here are the links I'm looking at:

    Teardown itself: ifixit.com/Teardown/Palm-Pre-Teardown/809/1

    Labels/analysis (quite literally awesome): phonewreck.com/2009/06/07/palm-pre-teardown-and-analysis-review-coming-soon
  11. #11  
    I don't think you are understanding this. You would need Sprint to approve the Verizon Pre's ESN. Sure you could use the Sprint Doctor, but the main thing that stands in your way is the ESN. And yes, Sprint will know if it's a Verizon ESN.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I don't think you are understanding this. You would need Sprint to approve the Verizon Pre's ESN. Sure you could use the Sprint Doctor, but the main thing that stands in your way is the ESN. And yes, Sprint will know if it's a Verizon ESN.
    No doubt Sprint would know it's not one of their ESNs... but would they allow it to be activated and run on their network (assuming that the Pre Plus was purchased outright at the full retail price from VZW/other retail source).
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by rayevans View Post
    No doubt Sprint would know it's not one of their ESNs... but would they allow it to be activated and run on their network (assuming that the Pre Plus was purchased outright at the full retail price from VZW/other retail source).
    like i told the OP....try it. you'd be a phone community legend.

    and as far as changing the ESN...it's just like changing the VIN on a car or the serial number on any other device. what could possibly be wrong with that?
  14. #14  
    Plus there is the issue of insurance. I doubt Sprint would insure a phone that isn't theirs. So if you accidentally get it wet or break it, you're out $500+
  15. #15  
    what about if he just changed the radio and case? that would keep the correct ESN with the upgrade hardware of the pre plus and no network issues.

    I am not sure how easy this is however. But i know for cisco's we just change the little card for t/s purposes. same card used on laptops incase anyone needs an expensive alternative
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobdude View Post
    what about if he just changed the radio and case? that would keep the correct ESN with the upgrade hardware of the pre plus and no network issues.

    I am not sure how easy this is however. But i know for cisco's we just change the little card for t/s purposes. same card used on laptops incase anyone needs an expensive alternative
    the ESN still wouldn't be on Sprint's list of approved ESN's.

    i will personally send whoever gets a FULLY functioning phone on a different network to work $20.

    not just phone.

    not just text.

    full on 3G EVDO data as the specific carrier's native programs such as VZNavigator or SprintTV.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Plus there is the issue of insurance. I doubt Sprint would insure a phone that isn't theirs. So if you accidentally get it wet or break it, you're out $500+
    I think Sprint issues insurance by phone line. So if you already have insurance on a Sprint Pre and somehow magically get a verizon working you should still be in luck to get a Sprint Pre replacement in case of a loss.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by chud311 View Post
    i will personally send whoever gets a FULLY functioning phone on a different network to work $20.

    not just phone.
    not just text.
    full on 3G EVDO data as the specific carrier's native programs such as VZNavigator or SprintTV.
    There's a guy in another thread that says he had someone remotely convert his Pre over to Cricket (with at least MMS running). I think their "Navigator" is an add-on. Not sure if he tried to use that though.
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
  19. #19  
    SPRINT DOES NOT ALLOW NON-SPRINT ESN's ON THEIR NETWORK PERIOD.

    IT DOESN'T MATTER WHERE YOU GOT THE PHONE OR WHAT SOFTWARE YOU PUT ON IT.

    SPRINT DOES NOT ALLOW NON-SPRINT ESN's ON THEIR NETWORK PERIOD.
  20. captainmike's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    #20  
    Dalla,

    It sounded so nice you had to say it twice?

    I am willing to bet there is something in the works for sprint, maybe right around the year anniversary when all of us PREmier sprint users can upgrade.

    Well at least thats what I am hoping..>
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions