Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I know it's probably happened to just about anybody, myself included.
    I think there needs to be a way to retrieve a 'thrown away' card, in case it was something very important.
    I would suggest that you should be able to set a timer for a card to stay available somewhere in the phone after it's thrown away.
    Then it could automatically be flushed from the phone after that preset time.
    This would be kind of like a Windows recycle bin, but you wouldn't have to empty it manually.
    Can someone get right on that please?
    Thanx.
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    ... so ... like if you close it accidentally, you could go back to the launcher page and hit the icon again and have it reopen?

I think there's already a way to do that.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaerey View Post
    ... so ... like if you close it accidentally, you could go back to the launcher page and hit the icon again and have it reopen?

I think there's already a way to do that.
    No, you cannot get a card back exactly the way it was after you throw it away.
    Good idea. I can see Palm including this in one their future releases. (Not any time soon though)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Many apps stay in the state you left them with so I wonder if its actually of such a big use.

Unless you are talking about a webpage and you lose the text you had written but not posted?
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by Andreas View Post
    Many apps stay in the state you left them with so I wonder if its actually of such a big use.

Unless you are talking about a webpage and you lose the text you had written but not posted?
    What about a text message or if your in the middle of setting a calendar appt? It doesn't save that text either. I like this idea, kind of like an undo button.
    Last edited by lopezpm; 01/21/2010 at 08:35 AM.
    It does save text messages even if you exit the card! Try it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    It does save text messages even if you exit the card! Try it out.
    I just did, not saving it for me.
    And it also automatically saves the appt in calendar as long as you have something written in the title of appt.
    I did this a couple times already. I even hung up a phone call once!
    Quote Originally Posted by rkkeller View Post
    I did this a couple times already. I even hung up a phone call once!
    I like being able to hang up on a call by swiping it away though.
    Quote Originally Posted by kentuckywildcats View Post
    And it also automatically saves the appt in calendar as long as you have something written in the title of appt.
    and you click off the title and go into time or something else, but if you have the title still selected it wont save it.
  13. Vij
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    I kind of like this idea! Even if there was 5 second delay between the flick and it being purged by the OS, that would give you enough time to retrieve it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vij View Post
    I kind of like this idea! Even if there was 5 second delay between the flick and it being purged by the OS, that would give you enough time to retrieve it.
    Yes, this is what GMail does. After sending, deleting, or anything really, it gives you few seconds to undo.
    :O... something like the phone app... you throw it away and 1 sec after it comes back :P
    Quote Originally Posted by figus View Post
    :O... something like the phone app... you throw it away and 1 sec after it comes back :P
    LOL. Yeah, but hopefully this would be on purpose. Why the heck does the phone app come back? Son of a gun, I said close!!
    No i havent done it.. i take my time when doing things...

NOTE: sometimes when im trying to close a app it goes up half way and freeze than if i touch the screen it comes back but thats if i dont want long enough for it to close all the way.
    I'd settle to be able to "lock" certain apps. Like tag an app so if you accidentally swipe it away, it gives a confirmation dialog before closing. "Are you sure you want to close this card?" or something to that effect.

A lot simpler than having a deletion purgatory.
  19.    #19  
    Boy, ppl really don't look past the first page anymore.....
    .......bump.......
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Boy, ppl really don't look past the first page anymore.....
    .......bump.......
    You're starting to develop some trademarks...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast